Tiny, but interesting things you've seen.

bluecoats 08 when there singing there was a girl who goes crossed eyed!!!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cadets 2000: during the behind-the-back quad feature thing, there are four guard girls directly behind them, making fun of them. they all fall down at the end.

there are a million little things during that whole section -- see the two horn players who run 40 yards toward each other to do a flying chest bump, etc.

Phantom 06 end of 2nd movement maybe? where the horns and drums are spiraling into the middle, a horn player seems to lose track where he is and spins out of the form for like a second, then fits back in it

there are so many things i notice about the '06 show. most of them are obvious like the guy going wherever he was daydreaming off to and then spiraling back in. thank goodness that was kind of scatter drillish.

-during the big (orgasmic) hold at the end of Ave Maria, Faust and Marguerite are talking to each other the whole time he lifts her up and until the Devil intervenes.

-at the end of the third movement where Marguerite is killed, a guard member trips over her and some of the devils (which is pretty obvious), but if you notice she doesn't reach the corps members to pull their red streamers out and they have to tuck them back in.

-this one pisses me off everytime i see it. the guard member at the top of the field at the center of the triangle's base (formed during the condense/kick halt in the Mahler piece) misses 8 counts of work. URGGGGH!

When watching Phantom This year on the DVD multi-cam when there is a short argument after one of them kills the girl, between the DM's backfield and one puts a dagger to the others throat

i'd seen the show a few times this summer and had never noticed that the Conductor on the field yells, "Halt!" to the corps after they kill Spartacus. It took me until the encore to get that. I know I'm slow, it's the old age acting up.

Most of these are pretty noticeable.

Edited by chaos001

In Crown 07, before the trumpet solo in Red Pony, the soloist gets tossed a rifle, then he tosses it back to the guard member right before the solo starts.

She injured her knee during the show, IIRC, before that sequence...but she gutted it out.

You must've missed the huge conspiracy theories about that camers shot being different on the DVDs vs the ESPN broadcast....people were acting like it it was all a deep dark plot to keep Cadets from winning....

No, I've seen the theories. It just hasn't been mentioned in this thread.

Blue Devils 2007- I can't remember the time exactly, but a mellophone stands still during a part where only the mellophones move, in a circle no less. She (it looks like) moves in the nick of time, otherwise she would've been run over.

Also in the same show, the set right before or right after this (can't remember), a trumpet comes in late on a horn manual.

there are a million little things during that whole section -- see the two horn players who run 40 yards toward each other to do a flying chest bump, etc.

My favorite was the 7 or so horns doing the can-can

Every time I see something people have posted I think of this:

2reteo1.jpg

Edited by Dir_en_X

That's actually pretty evident on the multi-cam IMO.

Yeah, that's how I caught it. Ha.

However I'd never watched the multi-cam before yesterday. It's a tiny quality in the show and some people don't have access to the multi-cam.