Best and Worst Uniforms (2008)

Simple.

What uniforms do you really like?

What uniforms could use some work?

Try to keep your replies to 2008.

You can also go after guard outfits if you like.

Try not to let your bias for a corps affect your decisions,

and try not to get too worked up over other peoples' opinions.

Ready, go!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now dont get me wrong i liked the crossmens new uniforms but i felt that they should have at least kepted the red instead of the silver color to me it just didn't catch my attention like there old ones did... and i like regiments yeah that was awsome

now dont get me wrong i liked the crossmens new uniforms but i felt that they should have at least kepted the red instead of the silver color to me it just didn't catch my attention like there old ones did... and i like regiments yeah that was awsome

that red comments seems very similar.. I really liked the white cross and trim... I think it was a a nice look, a nice clean look.. the best was when they debuted the current design back in '04. I think it stayed the same for a few years, but hen they went crazy with red in 07.

phantom's was awesome

and there is another thread where uniform changes were discussed at length if you want to search it.

i likei the classic uni's...8

Boston,, Troop, Cadets...

Colts weren't too bad Blue Stars was effective ... Cavies, SCV.. Scouts not that bad for 08

BD has had better in the past,,,

i loved phantoms,,,

now, my most favourite,,

Anaheim Kingsmen. and if you consider the alumni corps,,, still is for 08

I agree about Crossmen. I think the solid red and black (pre-2007) was one of my favorite uniforms ever... simple, bold.

I really like Phantom's as far as Spartacus goes. But I think I'd be a little disappointed if I saw it again this year (unless it fits this show just as well... maybe if it's "The Red Violin," they'll have some red on their uniform again. that would be special). Also, the capes can stay either way. 8D

I have no opinion over BK's guard, but I really like their corps uniform. I think it looks very crisp and neat. And it has the dots.

And I do think that BD's seen better uniforms, though it fit their show pretty well. The capes were kind of a neat idea while they happened. I don't know what Anaheim Kingsmen's alumni outfit looks like... link?

Liked Phantom's Gold accents.

Blue Devils skirt things were cool.

Didn't really like Crossmen in the red and black. White and black looks much better.

About the only 08 uni changes I didn't like were BK and Madison. The dots were too small to see for BK and Madison's unis were just ugly.

I dunno, I'm kinda getting tired of the "cesario cookie cutter" uniforms. I'd like to see some nw ideas that reflect a corps personality, rather than just its colors....which change every few years. For 08 uniforms, I liked Mandarins. BD (the drop sash rocked IMO), BDB, and Vanguard Cadets. Phantom's was sloppy. SCV's was...reeeally sloppy and the xmas-ribbon sash didnt fit the uniform at all...maybe if the jacket had been all white, or green. But, pairing the shiny red against the standard uni-red didnt look good. The "red on top, green on the bottom" look has been worn out by SCV...I think their 05-07 jacket and green pants should be their last uniform.

Blue Stars......NOOOOOO!!!!! I feel BS totally sold out to innovation here. The old blue/crossstraps was their look. The helmets with the red plume was THEIR LOOK. I dunno who this new corps is, granted they are very competitive and more successful than the old Blue Stars were, but I'm very disappointed they abandoned their identity in favor of innovation. That would be like the Cadets doing a total redesign of their uniforms. I've seen some conceptual drawings of both BS and Cadets having "upgraded" to a more modern design, but still maintaing ideas that distinguish them. Old members and fans of Blue Stars would not recognize them today.

I actually like BK's uniforms, but the dots need to be more pronounced. I thought the old navy blue and gray was boring for them and made their shows kinda sleepy. So, I like the bold new design they've adopted...but needs dots. Everyone else was the same or didnt change enough for me to notice.

I dunno, I'm kinda getting tired of the "cesario cookie cutter" uniforms.

If you knew that man you'd know that he is far from a "cookie cutter" designer. He designs what YOU want without making the uniform look outlandish.

A uniform should get your attention, but not in the "wtf was that guy thinking?" kinda way.

He may have the greatest uniform design ever in Black, Red, with no shoulder wings...but you've got your heart set on Black, White, and shoulder wings then the man is gonna take that and make it look sharp.