III. Rock and Roll Radio- The Ramones

IV. (White Man) in Hammersmith Palais- The Clash

#### yeah!

Edited by Baritone13

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 20?? Santa Clara Vanguard playing music from "Phantom: Love Never Dies" the sequel to Phantom of the Opera that will be released in late 2009.

theres a show on am radio called "when radio was" it features old radio shows from waaaaaaaaaaaay back when. now i know your asking, what is an almost 20yr old doing listening to old radio shows? well i stumbled across it one night and thought it was pretty funny. then i started listening to the opening theme songs and closing theme songs and began thinking there are some really recognizable pieces of music or fun music or music that would just sound incredible with a 70+piece hornline playing them.

then since theyre old, maybe they would be easy to get rights to play the music?

so theres my idea, old radio show themes.

over the bowl season, tv had clips of the halftime shows and one of the college bands was playing avenged sevenfold... awesome. now a corps needs to get into that genre. academy, colts, or crossmen maybe?

edit:it was usc and they played almost easy. win

Edited by doyle079

I want to see "Variations on 4:33"

Believe it or not, Madison kinda did it in the late 60's with a prelim show that was largely 2 bass drums marking time. But it got them into finals.

I'll let someone who marched that era elaborate.

PS - that performance directly led to the formation of the 27th Lancers. Really.

"Variations on a Korean Folk Song"--yeah, yeah, Cavaliers did part of it a couple of years running but I'd like to see and hear the entire piece, not just the adagio and allegro sections.

I want to see "Variations on 4:33"

Cadets narration need to do variations on 4:33, however, their hornline can still play.

id like to see someone march the theme from Cowboy Bebop

sigh, no one plays jazz anymore

id like to see someone march the theme from Cowboy Bebop

sigh, no one plays jazz anymore

What was the last show in the top 12, Top 6, Top 3 that was purely jazz? I mean, where the entire show could be type-cast as "now THAT's a JAZZ SHOW!"

I'm not being flip, I want to know.

When Madison was on their game, was that jazz? BD in the 80s? Bluecoats in the 90s? What was Bluecoats 2006?

What was the last show in the top 12, Top 6, Top 3 that was purely jazz? I mean, where the entire show could be type-cast as "now THAT's a JAZZ SHOW!"

I'm not being flip, I want to know.

When Madison was on their game, was that jazz? BD in the 80s? Bluecoats in the 90s? What was Bluecoats 2006?

madison was always latin, not jazz

id say the two biggest jazz corps were 80s BD and 90s crossmen