Rochester Crusaders and Drum Corps Community Lose a great.

It is with great sadness that I bring the news of Rochester Crusaders Percussion Arranger Rick Rogers passing this late evening/early morning. Rick was a great man with a big heart. All those that knew him respected and admired him. He was a great teacher, friend and personally a newly found charished family member. We always lose the best too early and he was one of the best. Rest in peace Rick, we will all truly miss you and you will be in our hearts and music forever.

More details will be provided at a later date once arrangements are made. :tongue:

My condolences to the family and the Crusader organization.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is with great sadness that I bring the news of Rochester Crusaders Percussion Arranger Rick Rogers passing this late evening/early morning. Rick was a great man with a big heart. All those that knew him respected and admired him. He was a great teacher, friend and personally a newly found charished family member. We always lose the best too early and he was one of the best. Rest in peace Rick, we will all truly miss you and you will be in our hearts and music forever.

More details will be provided at a later date once arrangements are made. :tongue:

God bless you Rick, my friend, my cuz, I will miss you dearly. :sad:

Shocking news.... Our condolences to the family. Too young.

Tom and Sandy Allen

RIP, Rick.

I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but I know his reputation as a top-notch percussion instructor. Another big loss for DCA and drum corps in general.

Fran

Unbelievable. When I found this out early this morning, I was in shock. I didn't believe it was true, since I'd just seen him the day before, cheerful and healthy as ever. I don't even know what to say...

Rick was an inspiration to me... how i never once saw him without a smile on his face.

RIP Rick, you will be missed by all.

Prayers to the family. Love you sara!

This is such a huge loss for the Drum Corps Activity. Rick was truly one of a kind and will be missed. On behalf of the entire White Sabers Organization, we send our deepest sympathies to Cheryl, Josh and Sara.

Leslie Amico

Director

This really sucks! I not only knew Rick in the drum corps arena but on a very personal level as well. It was at Rick's house currently and in the past that I would find myself when dealing with my own life and death issues with a family member. Weather it be a shoulder to cry on, or someone to listen to my long winded #####ing, a cup of coffee, or just to get a good and much needed laugh, it was Rick that I could turn to and count on. His contrabutions to this wounderful activity are many. Cru has lost a huge part of their family, but drum corps has lost more in his passing and I lost someone who I proudly called FRIEND!

I spent time with Cheryl, Sara, and Josh this after noon and well, they are still in a little bit of shock as you might imagine. I will always cherish our time together. As for his family we all need to say a couple extra prayers for them.

Rest in peace my friend

Bill

I , like so many others, sit here in disbelief... I was just last week,answering messages and PM's to Rick thru the email and all those other media avenuesl... he kept trying to tell me I need to come NORTH!! I said NO too cold... he said he would make me play better, I told him he just needed me to make himself look good! and now I see this.. and like Gary, Rick and I finally got a chance to just sit and talk and laugh for a few minutes and knowing we did not have to run to a warm up somewhere, when we were in Rochester last month!

I am just shocked, and numb.

Rick was a very proud man and loved his drumlines and students and anyone else that shared his drumming passions... he was also a great friend .. I will miss him.

My sincerest condolences to the Rogers Family and the Crusader Organization, as well as ALL the other organizations and students Rick was teaching or assisting . His passion lives on thru you!

Say hello to Dad for me....