5 Favorite Moments from 2008 DCI

1) Being in Blue Stars

2) Helping Blue Stars Return To Finals

3) Having The Best Summer of My Life

4) Performing in Finals (life long dream)

5) Getting to watch Crown, Phantom and Bluecoats for the first time at Semi-Finals / Witnessing Phantom Upset BD!!!

2008 is gonna be one tough summer to beat! BRING IT '09!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) crowns - closer-trying to pick out each song they were playing in the round and wondering who thought that they would all go together

2) bluecoats - singing boxer only thing made me mad was the crowd was going nuts and you couldnt hear half the singing.

3) scouts- line turn

4) phantom- spartacus yell and mello solo, EPIC

5) cavaliers - the jump other than that their show seemed, whats the word? boring maybe to me

1) crowns - closer-trying to pick out each song they were playing in the round and wondering who thought that they would all go together

2) bluecoats - singing boxer only thing made me mad was the crowd was going nuts and you couldnt hear half the singing.

3) scouts- line turn

4) phantom- spartacus yell and mello solo, EPIC

5) cavaliers - the jump other than that their show seemed, whats the word? boring maybe to me

BD Stickman with equipment

and the floating Stickman form

at the end of the show

which side were you on, 1 or 2? if u were on side 2 we were standing right next to each other.

i've never sat front row, but for their encore i HAD to. it was great to see all the details and emotion in the guard, because i hadn't been able to see it the two other times i had watched. it also didn't hurt that i had the opportunity of having my face blown off more than a few times either. good times.

I moved down there too, just three or four rows back and as close to center as I could get. Watching the encore that close was pretty amazing, and each hit brought me up out of my seat.

I moved down there too, just three or four rows back and as close to center as I could get. Watching the encore that close was pretty amazing, and each hit brought me up out of my seat.

mhmm...stalk much, egh? lol.

greatest night ever. i have a video of elsa's on my phone that i have to turn down to the lowest setting because it overloaded the speakers. ;)

From my first (and probably only) live Finals -

1 - "I am Spartacus!" No more explanation needed.

2 - Cavaliers' bending-over guy. Got a *huge* response from the crowd, in a "oh, no he didn't" sort of way.

3 - Bluecoats' bass and snare features - wonderfully worked in, and some *great* drumming to boot.

4 - Glassmen's ballad balloons. It's a lot harder to make whimsical look... well... whimsical than it is to make dark and intense look dark and intense.

5 - Madison's salsa dancing during Danzon No. 2. It's one of those little moments that got the crowd unexpectedly engaged and showed off a great deal of body control to go with their playing.

Mike

Why did I forget the real #1?:

The score announcements for #2 and #1. There are several videos on the site that shall not be named that show the crowd reaction. I had brought two of my buddies who had no vested interest, and they were both on pins and needles like the rest of us. The announcement had to have been the real #1.

1. "I am Spartacus"

2. Goose stepping hornline/slave revolt battle (PR)

3. Cadets ending

4. Crowns hit after the end of the first candide

5. Cavaliers ending (heck the whole show, I loved it!)

so many other good moments that made this hard to decide. Great year for my first live finals