wanted suvi item

I collect shot glasses, and would love to have some with drum corps logos on it. I could build a complete set! I can understand why a youth activity might be hesitant to appear to promote drinking, but I have glasses from all kinds of family friendly places.

Wouldn't it be kinda tough for a non-profit youth organization to be hawking shot glasses in the parking lot? Now, mind you, I have a bunch of them... ranging from South of the Border to Graceland... and beyond... BUT, as much as I love a good game of "shot a minute" with my old comrades, it's a bit of a stretch to think that "shot" glasses, of all things, would find their way to a drum corps suvi wagon.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Kingsmen shot glass. It's great for a couple shots late at night when I can't sleep. Probably the best $5 I ever spent at a drum corps booth.

I'm always looking for a good hat like the grey floppy baseball hat I bought from the Crossmen wagon in '07. Another best $5 I ever spent.

I almost forgot about coffee mugs. I really like a good distinctive mug--not just a plain white one with a logo plastered on it.

Edited by ravedodger

Wouldn't it be kinda tough for a non-profit youth organization to be hawking shot glasses in the parking lot? Now, mind you, I have a bunch of them... ranging from South of the Border to Graceland... and beyond... BUT, as much as I love a good game of "shot a minute" with my old comrades, it's a bit of a stretch to think that "shot" glasses, of all things, would find their way to a drum corps suvi wagon.

OK, so why not regular season type collectable glasses? Or just plain old plastic glasses. I have some from finals years and from the Revolution, but haven't seen anyone else with them.

Posters. Not show posters, but prints of the corps logo or the corps in action. Or (I just thought of this), from DCI, a shirt with a collection of corps logos. I have a MLB shirt with all of the team's logos, DCI could do that and sell it at regionals/finals/online.

Personally, I think that's the best marketing idea I've heard in years. I'm serious. I've passed on your idea. I sure would buy one.

....nah...its not a shot glass...its a miniature glass..perfect for measuring...er things...including alchohol

A girlfriend.

And of course, drum corps lingerie. You just don't see drum corps lingerie like you think you would, guard divas in slave outfits, that sort of thing.

Uh, I'm not the only one who thinks this way, am I? :thumbup: