Cadets 2009 to Focus on WSS

so i couldn't read this whole thread... some pretty funny stuff i might say.. i love all of you

but i'll wait until the season until i say how much i'll lke or dislike this show, cause i honestly have no clue

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YAY!!!!

Me likes West Side Story! Ditch the jazz piano synth, and this would probably be my most anticipated show of the year!

For reference...top 25 world class corps that have played various WSS songs since 1980...

1981 Bridgemen

1984 Holy Name Cadets

1987 Sky Ryders

1990 Holy Name Cadets

1994 Holy Name Cadets

1996 Kiwanis Kavaliers

1998 Blue Devils

2000 Troopers

2004 Kiwanis Kavaliers

2008 Carolina Crown

top 25 world class corps that have played various Whitacre crap since 1997,,,

1997 Mandarins

2001 Spirit from JSU

2003 Glassmen

2003 Spirit from JSU

2004 Blue Devils

2004 Esperanza

2006 Capital Regiment

2006 Cascades

2007 Cascades

2008 Blue Knights

2008 Santa Clara Vanguard

2008 Spirit from JSU

2008 Troopers

Don't give me all this "omg, WSS has been played to death" when you follow the flock and say that the basically 4 songs Whitacre has done is brilliant and innovative...

Glassmens encore performance included Lux Aurumque by Whitacre its on youtube check it out.

Glassmens encore performance included Lux Aurumque by Whitacre its on youtube check it out.

ummm...no...the point is I"ve seen WAY too much Whitacre lately..way, way too much

Shame on all of you.

You, member, staff, design team, all alike very well know that Cadets show is never set in stone and is subject to drastic alterations up to their first performance.

So theres still a chance for "This I believe in Happyness"....the show I've wanted all along????......

SWEET! :thumbs-up:

"This I believe in Happyness"....

....with a Door. :thumbs-up:

Will Sara be playing Maria ?

Will Sara be playing Maria ?

"Happiness isn't something to be chased, it is something you can only get by preventing your boyfriend from killing your brother" :thumbs-up:

So push the envelope with a horn show that makes me absolutely gasp at its difficulty and brilliance … or knock me over with a drill move I've never seen or imagined before

I guess where your argument comes up short for me is these recent shows that you decry have the very things you seek. The 2007 corps played a monster book marvelously. The 2008 corps was replete with brilliant drill.

I realize your preference would be that they “let (you) hear it by not talking/singing over it.” That preference notwithstanding, it’s not as if horns and the feet weren’t there too, which is to say the designers’ vision wasn’t so bankrupt after all.

In his day, there were those who weren’t accepting of Zingali and his vision. Maybe like you today with a newer vision, they thought he sometimes went too far or that he compromised his art with the bangles bought by a better opportunity. At least you and I can agree that they didn't know what they were talking about.

HH