Carolina Crown Announces 2009 Program

a show about Roman Blenski?

they wore the wrong hats

But that's like saying Phantom's '08 show was about Roman. Yeah, it's true, but what ABOUT them? WHY is there a show about Romans?

Haven't they beaten EVERY corps at one point or another since then? Or was it just in '06?

lollerskates

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't they beaten EVERY corps at one point or another since then? Or was it just in '06?

They beat cadets at the first show of the year in 07, and bd and cavies a few weeks later. I think they beat phantom a few times as well. Still, the general trend has been down since 06. Personally, i like the 07 show more than 06 (by a lot), but my point is that trends have been made on less data.

Bloo beat every corps at least once during the 2007 season. Personally, I enjoyed the 2005 and 2006 shows more than I did the 2007 or 2008 shows, but that 2007 corps was probably the strongest that Bloo has ever fielded. Their horns and drums were among the very best that season, and in fact their brass was scoring in first all the way up to semifinals.

Salad, you used the words "by the skin of their teeth" when referring to Bloo finishing up in 4th in 2006. That phrase certainly applies to their 7th place finish in 2007 as well; Bloo was just eight tenths back from Phantom in 4th (and I'll profess flat out that I'm a biased honk, but I still think 'Coats were hosed). That was the year that 4th-7th were all within a point of each other. In fact, if you look at the raw numbers, the Bluecoats actually scored a full point higher than they did in 2006. Really 2007 was up on 2006 in every way, with placement on Finals night being the only exception.

You misinterpreted me. Maybe I wasn't clear. I was saying that Crown probably doesn't announce their shows until later because threads like these will come up and give people more time to make decisions about the show before even seeing it.

My Mistake.

BUT, If that is the case . They should make a clearer announcement.

LL

My Mistake.

BUT, If that is the case . They should make a clearer announcement.

LL

No, they shouldn't. They announcement is just a bunch of loaded words and BS for a reason, and that reason is literally to confuse the #### out of everyone on this forum. Because every corps director in the world hates this place.

No, they shouldn't. They announcement is just a bunch of loaded words and BS for a reason, and that reason is literally to confuse the #### out of everyone on this forum. Because every corps director in the world hates this place.

Well then, mission accomplished! :blink:

Bloo beat every corps at least once during the 2007 season. Personally, I enjoyed the 2005 and 2006 shows more than I did the 2007 or 2008 shows, but that 2007 corps was probably the strongest that Bloo has ever fielded. Their horns and drums were among the very best that season, and in fact their brass was scoring in first all the way up to semifinals.

Salad, you used the words "by the skin of their teeth" when referring to Bloo finishing up in 4th in 2006. That phrase certainly applies to their 7th place finish in 2007 as well; Bloo was just eight tenths back from Phantom in 4th (and I'll profess flat out that I'm a biased honk, but I still think 'Coats were hosed). That was the year that 4th-7th were all within a point of each other. In fact, if you look at the raw numbers, the Bluecoats actually scored a full point higher than they did in 2006. Really 2007 was up on 2006 in every way, with placement on Finals night being the only exception.

True things were close in 07, and like i said, that was my favorite show from them this decade. However, they were 7th going into saturday, and 7th coming out. That whole lump of corps was very close, but it wasnt an individual showdown like in 06, where they actually jumped from 6th to 4th on saturday night, by a tenth i think. I realize they held that position for a time during the season, but its still a little different in my book. Like I said, I dont really care all that much...the more good shows there are, the better for me... :lol:

word. I bet they hate the time and money that the people on this forum donate to their corps too...

Also I doubt that corps make announcements to see what the reaction on DCP is.

Edited by soccerguy315

True things were close in 07, and like i said, that was my favorite show from them this decade. However, they were 7th going into saturday, and 7th coming out. That whole lump of corps was very close, but it wasnt an individual showdown like in 06, where they actually jumped from 6th to 4th on saturday night, by a tenth i think. I realize they held that position for a time during the season, but its still a little different in my book. Like I said, I dont really care all that much...the more good shows there are, the better for me... :lol:

Bluecoats were 4th going into finals week, 5th after Quarters and 7th on Semis and Finals.

We just didn't get the last push at the end we needed to stay ahead of Phantom, Vanguard and Crown. Sad really, to see all that talent make history and then end up in 7th.

Also, I agree with your last sentence. The more good shows, the better... for everyone.