Carolina Crown Announces 2009 Program

In true epic form, the corps will open with an introduction in medias res, revealing a glimpse of “everyday life” and an optimistic longing for the IDEAL. As the show progresses, that optimistic longing will be overtaken by unfortunate devastation as an apocalyptic event transforms and transports everything to...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...6&Itemid=39

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK

Had I read this show description from anyone else except Crown - I would have thought "no way". But seeing what Crown has been able to pull off recently - I can't wait to see what they do with this.

Later,

Mike

Sounds very very cool...can't wait to see this one. Crown has been so creative the past several years!

Once there, the performers will embark on a magical journey of initial beauty, quirky creatures, dangerous darkness, forbidden romance, a climactic epiphany, and an eventual voyage home.

:thumbup: Perhaps it will turn out ok, but this narrative sounds like they are trying to re-hash every hackneyed hollywood cliché in the book, just like last year they went after every hackneyed musical cliché in the book. A little more originality and a few less adjectives, please.

As long as that hornline sounds as good as last year (and there's no yakking), I'll probably be happy.

B O A

:thumbup:

Because show concepts are SO marching band...

Crown has proven to me that they can take any concept and make it work.

I never thought that a show based on endings could work, but they pulled it

off brilliantly. I have full confidence they will do amazing things with this show.

They're doing a show with a grass-inspired theme. It's just like the '70s again.