Is there going to be a Classic Countdown

Hi All,

It is very possible that I missed it but is DCI planning to have their annual Classic Countdown in the movie theater in 2009 ?

Hi All,

It is very possible that I missed it but is DCI planning to have their annual Classic Countdown in the movie theater in 2009 ?

I haven't heard or seen anything about it. You haven't missed it. It usually happens in March or April and they make a pretty big deal out of it. Hopefully we will see an announcement soon.

thanks... I hadn't heard anything about it either.

Guess she shows will come later... hopefully they aren't all from the last 5 years.

Amen!!!! I'd love for them to feature some of the archived stuff from the Troopers vault that was recently re-mastered. (lots of corps on those old recordings, not sure how many) It would be cool if they just interspersed 1-2 minutes worth of the 60's and 70's shows in between the modern recording-era shows (i.e. anything that was broadcast on PBS and beyond). That would help bring together the legacy fans and the more recent initiates. Heck, it might even be a conversation-starter at the countdown! (I hate sitting in a theater where I know people are linked by an attraction to drum corps, but nobody talks to each other. :lol: )

Hey guys ....

Would it not be totally SWEET if they could give some Muppet love and get the Count von Count to host alongside Rondinaro and Cesario???!!! That might be the most perfect thing ever!!!

Edited by FluteBoy

thanks... I hadn't heard anything about it either.

Guess she shows will come later... hopefully they aren't all from the last 5 years.

Yes. Amen. I had much more interest in seeing it when it was older stuff. Not saying older stuff is better. I just prefer it to newer stuff. Go back to the format they did the first two years. Pick X number of corps from each decade.

Hey guys ....

Would it not be totally SWEET if they could give some Muppet love and get the Count von Count to host alongside Rondinaro and Cesario???!!! That might be the most perfect thing ever!!!

count-von-count.jpg

Or better yet, get Statler and Waldorf in a box seat and have them heckle!

There wasn't a "Classic" countdown last year. I hope there is this year but I doubt it.