Battle Hymn of the Republic(troopers)

Bb Tuning(SCV/Troop Style) :thumbup:

White Dawn(troopers)

Edited by Supersop08

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sound, the crack of rifles after the line catches them. I first took notice in 1976 watching the Santa Clara Vanguard and 27th Lancers.

The lot. I love everything about it. The excitement and tension. Having people watch and getting into your performance mindset. Trying to show off. The total chaos of everything happening around you and really good staff who can overcome it all and get you supremely focused on your job.

Those magic shows where everything just clicks and you're way better than you've ever been or even thought you could be. The connection you feel with the people around you in that moment and afterwards.

When the shako/aussie goes on.

Those moments in the gate where you wish everyone good show and really mean it, no matter how much you can't stand them for the other 23 hours of the day.

Stretch the morning after a really physically demanding day.

Those moments in the gate where you wish everyone good show and really mean it, no matter how much you can't stand them for the other 23 hours of the day.

I couldn't believe how much I found myself doing that.

My favorite thing (that I haven't quite seen mentioned here):

When you march off of the field and you know you personally had a great show. Then you look around a little bit and you can tell by the look on people's faces that they also had a great show. You start to wonder: did everyone have a great show? As you pass your staff, you can see it on their faces: the same people who might've been yelling at you in frustration earlier that afternoon have a look of elation, accomplishment, and a sense of pride and proudness on their faces. And then you realize that the entire corps had a great show: the show that will be the standard for the rest of the season, or for future editions.

The icing on the cake: you're walking around afterwards either in uniform or with your corps jacket and/or member shirt on and people come up to you to tell you how great you were that night. On most nights when you hear that, you think in the back of your mind "except for the contra who missed a step-off, the euphs that marched a section a little out of phase, the quads who ticked a section in the closer, etc." But that night, you just get a big smile, thank the fan, and know that you rocked.

Coming off the field after the first truly great show of the season: two weeks before finals, and knowing that nobody has to say anything.

You know that you kicked ###. And now the rookies know what it feels like. They are hooked on that feeling, and the whole corps gets that much better because everyone is on the same page . . . finally.

I personally hate bus fumes, they just make me sick. But everything about the post show is great. The snack, the socialization, the fans, the family and friends at the home show, the buddies from other corps that you haven't seen in three weeks...

The days when the whole corps seems to be in a good mood.

Volunteers. I love the volunteers.

also, getting corn dogs from the cavaliers when I don't want leftovers. :lol:

Seeing a Corps caravan as your on the way to a show! :lol:

In a few cases I've followed the caravan to find the stadium in a town I'm not familiar with. :lol:

As for the song I love whiskers on kittens.

Edited by shawn craig