And the results are....

You could also send said $10-15 to a kid marching this summer.

Anything helps :smile:

Epic win....

Here is a great fundraiser idea... instead of wasting money at the countdown... donate that 10 dollars to me, so the countdown will be possible net year.

Of course I'm half joking... but I'd rather give my money to help someone march, then to pay a movie theater and DCI.... of course I'm giving that 10 dollars already to my own corps... so forget me going to the countdown.

Completely off topic... but those of you who said if I created a Facebook group you would join and maybe donate... I"m probably holding off on that... I got a nice donation from a lot of friends, and I don't want to bother any more on facebook.... if you live in say the Woodbury, NJ area, there will be a fundraiser to help raise some funds for me, PM me for details...

Sorry for the off topicness... just thought about...

Anyway... yeah I'm not going to the countdown.. but those of you who are have a great time!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inferior product? Are you saying the shows are bad? Aren't recent shows the best picture and sound quality available? How is that inferior? For $10, it's a great product. We whine all the time how drum corps doesn't get enough exposure and we need to bring in new fans. Well, here's a perfect opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. Will anything ever be good enough?

Im not talking about the shows themselves. On their own theyre good shows. But theyre the same old. No variety. And how we've worked our way down from 12 shows to 8 to 6, putting in more and more fluff instead of actual drum corps. The fluff seems to be the product, not the shows.

Im not talking about the shows themselves. On their own theyre good shows. But theyre the same old. No variety. And how we've worked our way down from 12 shows to 8 to 6, putting in more and more fluff instead of actual drum corps. The fluff seems to be the product, not the shows.

What fluff are you talking about? Seeing previews of Madison Scouts, Jersey Surf and Phantom Regiment is fluff?

Epic win....

Here is a great fundraiser idea... instead of wasting money at the countdown... donate that 10 dollars to me, so the countdown will be possible net year.

Of course I'm half joking... but I'd rather give my money to help someone march, then to pay a movie theater and DCI.... of course I'm giving that 10 dollars already to my own corps... so forget me going to the countdown.

Completely off topic... but those of you who said if I created a Facebook group you would join and maybe donate... I"m probably holding off on that... I got a nice donation from a lot of friends, and I don't want to bother any more on facebook.... if you live in say the Woodbury, NJ area, there will be a fundraiser to help raise some funds for me, PM me for details...

Sorry for the off topicness... just thought about...

Anyway... yeah I'm not going to the countdown.. but those of you who are have a great time!

Perfect! That was my point!

You could also send said $10-15 to a kid marching this summer.

Anything helps :smile:

Also Perfect and My point!

In a way I'm actually saying that it's more worth it to donate to a member than go to the countdown.....

honestly if i had had two choices in life what to do with the last 10 dollars i will ever have... go to the countdown, or help out someone with their tour fees... well it's a no brainer.

I don't know what I'm trying to say... i'm tired haha

but really, no one should be told what to do with their money. If they want to give me or my corps 10 dollars... AWESOME, thanks a bunch... but if you don't want to... that's cool too....

But really... going to the countdown won't help DCI as much as a check written out to them would... how much money do they make on it?

Dah... we are all blowing this out of proportion in the first place... but hell, it's what we do here on DCP. WOOT!

Just so you all know... I have a total of 13.56 in my checking account... that is all the money I have, and no this is not me complaining or whining, or look at poor me, it's just a fact... and as Mello08 said, I need it for food.... no acting here.

To those who think that NOT going to the Countdown is tantamount to NOT supporting the drum corps community:

Just how did drum corps survive BEFORE the movie theatres started showing 6-12 performances on ONE night in ONE year?

What fluff are you talking about? Seeing previews of Madison Scouts, Jersey Surf and Phantom Regiment is fluff?

Its some of it. And when theres as much or more time on fluff as on shows, its kinda boring.

On the other hand, it gives time to go talk to the theater manager and nag them to turn up the volume.

Edited by alarson83

To those who think that NOT going to the Countdown is tantamount to NOT supporting the drum corps community:

Just how did drum corps survive BEFORE the movie theatres started showing 6-12 performances on ONE night in ONE year?

um..well it...um...

oh yeah had more corps and more fans

:smile:

I'm going to try and go.

SPARTACUS on the big screen!!! :smile:

I voted for 4 of the 6 finalist.

Consideriong the results from last year and this years first rounds maybe next year DCI should consider a Crownp-Phantom only countdown. :smile: