And the results are....

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yawn is right. I want DCI to do best of the 90s, 80s, etc. Most everyone has seen these shows live if not very recently on DVDs or for whatever reason. I would love to get some old shows to teach the new kids that DCI has more than just the last 5 years to show off.

If they care about it enough, they will find out for themselves.

I did.

How about incredulous at the notion that people on this forum think they know how others need to spend their precious $$'.

Money is precious but, does anyone posting in this thread want to see drum corps shrink or die? Like one other poster on this thread said (to paraphrase) Dum Corps is a small niche activity. A few Fans here and there not going to events because of this, that or the other reason, make a much bigger impact on the bottom line than say the same amount of NFL fans not going to an NFL game for what ever reason. Let me ask you this. Would you just send DCI, or your favorite Corps, the admission price of this theater event as a donation now, and then just not go because you don't like the line-up?

Edited by Perry S

The way I look at it is, if we want DCI to survive or not be radically downgraded then we support it in ALL Situations. I for one agree with some of the other posters on here. My t.v. and sound system still do not provide the same experience as the big screen with good surround sound. And I watch good shows over and over again anyway. I choose to think of my dollars supporting the Kids experience and not the powers that be.

:rolleyes::huh::doh::rolleyes::huh::doh: :doh: :sad::huh:

and a chance for Bandos to yell, "we played that first"

Nice Job DCI, I'm wondering if the same 7 people will be showing up in Syracuse again this year.

:rolleyes::huh::doh::rolleyes::huh::doh::sad:

Money is precious but, does anyone posting in this thread want to see drum corps shrink or die? Like one other poster on this thread said (to paraphrase) Dum Corps is a small niche activity. A few Fans here and there not going to events because of this, that or the other reason, make a much bigger impact on the bottom line than say the same amount of NFL fans not going to an NFL game for what ever reason. Let me ask you this. Would you just send DCI, or your favorite Corps, the admission price of this theater event as a donation now, and then just not go because you don't like the line-up?

no because right now, i feel i have more important tnings to put my money on, as much as i love drum corps.

the mortgage

my 200.5K, formerly 401

the car

food on the table.

if i can sit on my ### for free and watch these at home, then sorry the theater would lose out

i am glad people go and have fun.

And just the opposite for me... we're going, but it doesn't bother me at all if others decide not to. That's their decision. More popcorn for me. :rolleyes:

Fran

well Fran, do your part for...err...popcorn people and spend. you like popcorn, therefore it is your duty to buy 3/4 buckets that night.

after all, if you like popcorn, you should but it just because

(sarcasm off)

Let me point out that for the past several years the argument over the 'progression' of DCI has always disintegrated to the point where the pro - amp/vocals/woodwind group always throws out the 'the legacy fan doesn't really matter' or "if you don't like it, don't go" slam. it was only a matter of time when something more globally dire and out of the complete control of the activity like the economy would occur, and now keeping everyone's butts in the seats could make all the difference in the world.

which way is it?

Edited by lipsprain