1991 Inside BD

. . .the only super-minor flaw about that book is that around the 8:40 mark or so . . . the baritone "response" to the mello lick towards the end falters a bit. Considering how exposed that section is, it's still pretty well played.

Still though, that book is ####### nuts and so is that hornline; I'd love to see it on the field again. That show is super ######-off and one of the most ###### of all time.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what was the story of the 5th place finish in '91? Obviously this was uncharted territory for BD, thus the speech on pointing fingers from the video. But what was the story with the 9th place drum line? They were were so great for so many years, then a rough stretch for a few years. Any thoughts/memories?

I was wondering the same thing about the 5th place finish. I remember reading on DCW that the Drum Line wasn't as good as past lines. I'm not a drum guy, so I thought they were just fine...

Also, the show was extremely obscure for the time. I know it didn't move me as much as Suncoast Sound's version of 'Adventures in Time', but BD '91 has since grown on me.

So what was the story of the 5th place finish in '91? Obviously this was uncharted territory for BD, thus the speech on pointing fingers from the video. But what was the story with the 9th place drum line? They were were so great for so many years, then a rough stretch for a few years. Any thoughts/memories?

91 was the first post-FloatBD line...and I think there were a lot of changes through the season as the guys got used to Sanford....it never really came together the way a BD line should...91-92 were kinda the dark ages for BD percussion.

No Scott Johnson.

If memory serves he was with SCV that year.........who also happened to take High Percussion in 1991

91 was the first post-FloatBD line...and I think there were a lot of changes through the season as the guys got used to Sanford....it never really came together the way a BD line should...91-92 were kinda the dark ages for BD percussion.

who was there in 93??

Sanford??

I looked at the 91 recap today. I think at finals the brass had a 19.6 and percussion had a 17.2. Just watching that fan network video kind of shows how some things have evolved. The snares had their right elbows real close to the body, and the tenors were really high. I prefer BD's version better than Suncoasts.

That Allentown Prelims show is the only time Crossmen ever beat BD outright. They tied that night at finals.

Was Kathleen Clark the only female DM in BD's history?

Also, note that 1991 was the last all-female guard in BD history.

I love when the staff member says, "You three cannot be right and everyone else in the corps be wrong."