How would you define A class?

everyone knows that a handful of colorguard directors control the judges in this activity! :tounge2::doh:

YIKES!!! I think you should watch your back at nationals!!! You said it out loud that is clearly prohibited.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess when it comes down to it, I'm just going to design my shows the way I think is best and will be fun and challenging to my kids. Until someone comes up with a "How to write an A class show" guidebook, I'm sticking with what I've always done - seems to be going alright thus far.... of course, if I ever have an Open or World class guard I'll need a handbook for that too.... LOL! Oh well, as long as my kids are having fun and know how to spin/dance I'm happy : )

YIKES!!! I think you should watch your back at nationals!!! You said it out loud that is clearly prohibited.

There's already a handful that want to stab me in the face, but it's okay. . .we all know that those who yell loudest in critique get what they want! ;-) 'How very dare you not understand my vision' 'I can't believe you have the audacity to question my artistic thought process' and lastly, throw in a dash of intimidation with a stare down. . .it'll instantly add 5 points to your score the next time they judge you! I should write a winterguard for dummies book! :-)

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

I should write a winterguard for dummies book! :-)

DO IT!

One also has to wonder, that with the mass exodus of WGI judges, is the A class really getting properly adjudicated?

I think until someone within WGI steps up to steer the ship, this is only going to get worse.

You can see that the number of SA groups signed up for Worlds this year is drastically down. Now did the economy play a part in that? Sure. . .but I also think alot of directors and groups are just fed up.

steps up on soap box...

The 'mass exodus" was by no means a voluntary event. Judges that thought for themselves and did not do what they were told were asked to leave. Of course we all know that would be denied by WGI, but that is the truth, been happening for years.

On a second note, I am convinced that WGI does not care one bit about the A Class, they are simply there to create income.

WGI caters to a few world class designers and their teams...it's ALL about them and their special fraternity. More people are getting fed up with WGI's attitude.

Edited by rochguardguy

stops up on soap box...

The 'mass exodus" was by no means a voluntary event. Judges that thought for themselves and did not do what they were told were asked to leave. Of course we all know that would be denied by WGI, but that is the truth, been happening for years.

I never meant to imply that it was. . .and it's getting worse each year. It's also obvious that good adjudicators in WGI right now are few and far betweeen.

There's already a handful that want to stab me in the face, but it's okay. . .we all know that those who yell loudest in critique get what they want! ;-) 'How very dare you not understand my vision' 'I can't believe you have the audacity to question my artistic thought process' and lastly, throw in a dash of intimidation with a stare down. . .it'll instantly add 5 points to your score the next time they judge you! I should write a winterguard for dummies book! :-)

Marry me?

at one of the regionals we went to this year, i went to the tabulation/sound table to get my cd and mp3 player. i was about 15 feet away and they barked at me to get away. literally yelling at me, saying that it was a restricted area. they were very rude to me. they reluctantly gave me the cd and mp3 player.

later that day i saw a scholastic world staff walk right in the middle of the tabulation area, welcomed with open arms, and have a 5-10 minute long conversation with all the folks there. some of the judges that were not judging at that point in the regional, ran over to talk with this particular staff like they were celebrities...

oh, and any judges that were willing to see past the cookie cutter shows were axed before the 2008 season. the judges that are left are too afraid to to think for themselves.

the frustrations of being in class A...

sigh...

steps up on soap box...

On a second note, I am convinced that WGI does not care one bit about the A Class, they are simply there to create income.

WGI caters to a few world class designers and their teams...it's ALL about them and their special fraternity. More people are getting fed up with WGI's attitude.

at one of the regionals we went to this year, i went to the tabulation/sound table to get my cd and mp3 player. i was about 15 feet away and they barked at me to get away. literally yelling at me, saying that it was a restricted area. they were very rude to me. they reluctantly gave me the cd and mp3 player.

later that day i saw a scholastic world staff walk right in the middle of the tabulation area, welcomed with open arms, and have a 5-10 minute long conversation with all the folks there. some of the judges that were not judging at that point in the regional, ran over to talk with this particular staff like they were celebrities...

oh, and any judges that were willing to see past the cookie cutter shows were axed before the 2008 season. the judges that are left are too afraid to to think for themselves.

the frustrations of being in class A...

sigh...

I saw this at a regional this year also with a recently resigned PRES...you would think the Queen MUM had arrived and how they were kissing BUTT and earlier wouldnt give others the time of day. SHAME SHAME !!!!

but ooooo so typical......