Arena Drum Corps East has Launched

Today marks a new Day in Drum Corps, Arena Drum Corps will be starting this fall on the East Coast and has been received to so far a few Organizations who hold an interest in being a part of this new Circuit. The New Website is now online and hold the preliminary information as to the cause of this organization. to all who hold an interest in this new performance organization are welcome to contact us for more information. we are currently setting up a meeting date for all units who wish to participate.

Smaller Groups and large crowds will see thhis as a new format for us all to perform as well as the benifits it would hold for recruitment during a corps down time.

For information go to WWW.ArenaDrumCorpsEast.org or Email to ADCEast@Gmail.com

Note: this will be a judged format and will be set in it's own rankings apart from any if not all of the other branches of Drum Corps.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me crazy but is this a realistic idea with so many of today's drum corps members marching, and/or teaching, and/or judging marching bands? Not trying to rain on your parade but does some other marching activity that would take place during the fall really stand a chance?

Liz mentioned this being in the fall. When would this season take place?

Josh ~ took that from

Arena Drum Corps will be starting this fall on the East Coast
of the original post.

Oops! Must have skimmed past it. Thanks.

In reply to some of the questions allow me to clarify.

80 members would be in such as 40 horns max 25 percussion and so forth.

Our season would be started in December and run till March. right now we are looking into 2 east coast circuits one being northeast and the other being southeast.

please feel free to check out the website or contact through our Email for much more information as to how this would be a benifit to ALL of the corps and how it would be a help to each of us.

Our season would be started in December and run till March. right now we are looking into 2 east coast circuits one being northeast and the other being southeast.

please feel free to check out the website or contact through our Email for much more information as to how this would be a benifit to ALL of the corps and how it would be a help to each of us.

Is this circuit associated with the new Small Corps/Arena Corps circuit, which is organizing in the Midwest? ... the size of the corps sounds a tad larger than they had publicized ... Sounds like it could be a force ... I was surprised to see Sky Alumni's name mentioned in the "interested" list ... first I've heard of it but, I'm not fully engaged anymore ...

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

I agree that that sounds a little bigger than I would have thought; although, considering where I'm coming from...

80 is twice the size of Chops last year (41, but our 3 drum majors didn't officially count)

40 horns is almost three times the size of our hornline (14 x 3 = 42)

So yeah, it seems big to me, but maybe I'm just used to things being small :lookaround:

Arena drum corps IS an activity worth serious consideration. I've felt that way for several years.

The concept involves more participating groups, smaller budgets, extending the enjoyment of this art form, many new venues to pick from, no fear of weather problems, special lighting effects, etc. It can be like a "working man's" Broadway production of the very popular Blast!

Ultimately, I would prefer the arena drum corps concept to be a component of DCA, making DCA a true "year round" entertainment option for America.

:lookaround: