Blue Stars 2009 Show Announcement

Narration, electronics, synthesizers, jet packs, etc., etc., may all be the wave of the future in drum corps; but it doesn't mean that one and all have to support it, even from corps that we like.

The Blue Stars 2007 show was a design dud; however, it was refreshing to hear a corps focus on the music and the visual (despite the silly court jester pants).

The 2009 program appears to be one of those programs that is going to be filled with too much. Sometimes too much is overkill; that being props, narration, and synthesized sounds. Could all these be used tastefully? Perhaps; but there are those that abuse use of voice and technology, thus creating a disaster instead of a masterpiece.

I'm sure the young men and women of the Blue Stars are working thier **bleeeeeeps!** off to create a product that they will be proud of. Here's hoping the powers that be will have developed such a program. This show seems like a step back from the success of 2008. We shall see, kiddies, we shall see...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will look forward to seeing Blue Stars' offerring this year, especially following the last two seasons!

Narration, electronics, synthesizers, jet packs, etc., etc., may all be the wave of the future in drum corps; but it doesn't mean that one and all have to support it, even from corps that we like.

The Blue Stars 2007 show was a design dud; however, it was refreshing to hear a corps focus on the music and the visual (despite the silly court jester pants).

The 2009 program appears to be one of those programs that is going to be filled with too much. Sometimes too much is overkill; that being props, narration, and synthesized sounds. Could all these be used tastefully? Perhaps; but there are those that abuse use of voice and technology, thus creating a disaster instead of a masterpiece.

I'm sure the young men and women of the Blue Stars are working thier **bleeeeeeps!** off to create a product that they will be proud of. Here's hoping the powers that be will have developed such a program. This show seems like a step back from the success of 2008. We shall see, kiddies, we shall see...

I forgot the part where you have the ability to look in the future and see that the Blue Stars have props, narration, and a synth. Or did I miss the part in the video where they said they would have those things?

Just saying, don't assume the worse.

Ah the future.......

I see stars shining very brightly, emerging from a factory.....lots of Blue Stars

oh yes, they will shine children....

SNAP! woooh just got out of my trance. What was that all about? Blue Stars?

Right! I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things work out

Just glad they finally got the show announcement out