Kilties to Use Electronics

Yeah, but then there's that whole front-facing bell thing.....

Well, with properly L shaped pieces of pipe, bell front it would be.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G bags? I wonder if they make conversion kits. :devil:

I think all you have to do is route it through the bladder ...

:-)

Kilties wont use bagpipes, they are in Bb.

Wonder if you can find a G bagpipe?

Donny

Highland bagpipes are in Bb, but pitch at about 475-480 depending on the weather.

255-bulgarian-bagpipe.jpg

Bulgarian Dzhura Gaida in Sol (G)

but the Kilties would have to play those Bulgarian rhythms (7/8, 15/16, 7/16, 11/16).

And wear a different kind of *skirt*

583-kostume-fur-mann-aus-der-region-egeya.jpg

and upgrade to some *proper* percussion

268-tapanbulgarianmusicinstrumet.jpg

and sadly, it has already been done by the Irish...........

Highland bagpipes are in Bb, but pitch at about 475-480 depending on the weather.

255-bulgarian-bagpipe.jpg

Bulgarian Dzhura Gaida in Sol (G)

but the Kilties would have to play those Bulgarian rhythms (7/8, 15/16, 7/16, 11/16).

And wear a different kind of *skirt*

583-kostume-fur-mann-aus-der-region-egeya.jpg

and upgrade to some *proper* percussion

268-tapanbulgarianmusicinstrumet.jpg

and sadly, it has already been done by the Irish...........

Oh you mean that Reilly Raiders are using Bagpipes?? that would be an improvement.

That was a gut buster

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Awesome, still bitter?

Oh you mean that Reilly Raiders are using Bagpipes?? that would be an improvement.

Naw...Riverdance.

One evening long ago, I was judging visuals at a show that included Dundee HS from Illinois in exhibition. Their opening set had near the front sideline 6 trombonists (3 alto and 3 tenor), and 6 bagpipers. Uh oh, I thought, since prior experience with pipers had me thinking of a thunderous herd of wild cats.

To my utter amazement, these 12 young people played the opening phrases of Amazing Grace, and it was a thing of beauty. Soaring, thrilling, or any related words seem inadequate to describe the sound produced by the group, totally in tune. It erased forever from me the stereotype and threshold of bagpiping. Perhaps someone remembers hearing them.

1974 in Rock Falls, Ill. Midwest National Band Championships. We missed finals by 1/100 of a point so we watched finals from the back of the stands. My first band memories seeing the Scot's playing Amazing Grace, hearing the bagpipes and a storm in the distance. Still gives me chills to this day, great memories. Oh yea, I could see the Kilties blasting DCA with that.

1974 in Rock Falls, Ill. Midwest National Band Championships. We missed finals by 1/100 of a point so we watched finals from the back of the stands. My first band memories seeing the Scot's playing Amazing Grace, hearing the bagpipes and a storm in the distance. Still gives me chills to this day, great memories. Oh yea, I could see the Kilties blasting DCA with that.

Thanks, mike, for filling in a memory. I couldn't recall the exact year or where or what show it was. Even their name, Scots, I was uncertain about. But that moment when they played, I never forgot. I talk about it occasionally, but most times get the "off his rocker" look. :smile:

Yeah, chilling, haunting and other words apply. One had to hear it to understand. And they did not need electronics.

pvt_cairns

Rating: 3

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts

post Today, 02:10 PM

Post #26

"DCP Veteran

Group: Members

Member No.: 21154

QUOTE (ea1974 @ Apr 1 2009, 11:36 AM) *

That was a gut buster

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Awesome, still bitter? "

pvt cairns:

I thought bill's comment was funny. The thumbs down comment concerned my response.

Mike

ASRIME