...or electronic bagpipes...... :devil:

fager001.jpg

You still have to have someone that really knows

how to play the pipes. :doh:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One evening long ago, I was judging visuals at a show that included Dundee HS from Illinois in exhibition. Their opening set had near the front sideline 6 trombonists (3 alto and 3 tenor), and 6 bagpipers. Uh oh, I thought, since prior experience with pipers had me thinking of a thunderous herd of wild cats.

To my utter amazement, these 12 young people played the opening phrases of Amazing Grace, and it was a thing of beauty. Soaring, thrilling, or any related words seem inadequate to describe the sound produced by the group, totally in tune. It erased forever from me the stereotype and threshold of bagpiping. Perhaps someone remembers hearing them.

Makes me wonder if the Kilties would consider a rank of pipers to do the same thing. I can't think of anything more appropriate for them to do. :devil:

Good Luck this season. Remember your motto.

Edited by Mellofello01

fager001.jpg

You still have to have someone that really knows

how to play the pipes. :devil:

Not surprising, since we have this:

Bugleweb.jpg

but with this one, no experience necessary.

Edited by lipsprain

Not surprising, since we have this:

Bugleweb.jpg

but with this one, no experience necessary.

No, that thing plays itself.

Electronic bagpipes require someone to actually play them, which I think I said the first time.

Seriously.

I am not fooling.

Kilties wont use bagpipes, they are in Bb.

Wonder if you can find a G bagpipe?

Donny

Kilties wont use bagpipes, they are in Bb.

Wonder if you can find a G bagpipe?

Donny

G bags? I wonder if they make conversion kits. :devil:

Edited by Mellofello01

PRESS RELEASE: April 1, 2009

The world renowned Kilties Drum and Bugle Corps announced today April 1st they will use electronics in the 2009 season.

The corps recently purchased a used Mattel "Mr. Microphone" at a local yard sale.

Mr. Scott Stewart, Corps Director of The Kilties and icon of the drum corps activity asked for a emergency meeting of the Board of the Directors of the organization to secure funding for the purchase.

The organization formed a world wide fundraising project and after a successful effort one alumumn can was found to offset the cost of the needed equipment.

Mr. Stewart explained the corps is performing the movie score from "Blazing Saddles" in 2009; and the electronic equipment addition will enhance and amp the noise effects being duplicated from the famous "camp fire" scene in said movie.

"The membership of The Kilties are very excitied about expanding the effects of the 2009 "Blazing Saddles" show," Stewart said. "We've already outlined a concise healthy corps meal program of baked beans and cheese to ready the membership for what should be a explosive season".

That would be the day...