Has drum corps arranging changed over the years?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Adagietto from Mahler 5 is arguably the most popular and hummable

Very arguably. That one little section is very nice and would make for a great ballad, but a lot of Mahler 5 is not lyrical at all.

Very arguably. That one little section is very nice and would make for a great ballad, but a lot of Mahler 5 is not lyrical at all.

Feel free to add to the list of other Mahler symphonies that have been made into pop tunes.

Before this one gets shut down.. I'll add my 2 cents.

I have not read every page so this is probably been touched on, but it seemed like a big shift from music to visual. I don't really have to do a big analysis.. just ran my own simple one using BD 1992 and 1993 versus 2008 a few minutes ago. I'm not passing judgment, they both have their merits I guess.

Listen to '92 and '93 then listen to '08. DON'T watch them just listen to the music.

Listen things like the throw down during "When a man loves a women."

Before this one gets shut down.. I'll add my 2 cents.

I have not read every page so this is probably been touched on, but it seemed like a big shift from music to visual. I don't really have to do a big analysis.. just ran my own simple one using BD 1992 and 1993 versus 2008 a few minutes ago. I'm not passing judgment, they both have their merits I guess.

Listen to '92 and '93 then listen to '08. DON'T watch them just listen to the music.

Listen things like the throw down during "When a man loves a women."

see bold and thanks...I watched the 'tape' about 4 weeks ago; the music was better than the visual, imo :)