Who will be the next to win?

"one" is not a verb

and yes, it needed to be said

off topic: elaborate on why it needed to be said that "one" is not a verb. I'll also point out that "be" is not a noun. ;)

on topic: I think the next corps to win for the 1st time will be either Blue Stars or Crown. Crown is quickly becoming the sentimental favorite that Phantom was for years. And stars have a ton of credible abd band-wagon worthy momentum (emphasis on the worthy part).

If I had to pick one I would say Blue Stars because of the staff they are putting together.

Edited by jplattSCV

If I had to pick one I would say Blue Stars because of the staff they are putting together.

[sARCASM]

What?? Those guys don't know how to win! What has Aungst done lately? Or Van Doren and Sullivan? [/sARCASM]

Actually, I think you may be on to something......................... :lol:

"If I had to pick one I would say Blue Stars because of the staff they are putting together."

"...Maybe not next to win, but it very well could happen in the next 5 years or so."

That sure would be nice and a great feel good story for the drum corps activity; but, it's not going to happen.

Most of the top tier organizations have carried a consistant staff for a significant span of time, while the Blue Stars have been wrestling with staff consistancy year-to-year; therefore, this reflects on the style and identity.

Moreover, the percussion has been a drag on the corps scores since 2006. So, until they are able to muster a drumline worthy of the top 5, they will be held back. That's one constant that could use a change. Perhaps Aungst could take over the caption head duties.

I'm going to say we won't see a new champion in DCI.

My $0.02.

I'm afraid I'll have to agree.

I just don't see Cavaliers, SCV, Blue Devils, [Holy Name] Cadets, and PR going any where. Even on a bad year (and a bad year is not finishing top 3) I don't see anyone of them finishing lower than 5th. They all won't have a bad year at the same time. Crown has made a nice push but a bigger push is necessary to make the elite 3 and there just ain't no room at the top. Just my opinion.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I'm afraid I'll have to agree.

I just don't see Cavaliers, SCV, Blue Devils, [Holy Name] Cadets, and PR going any where. Even on a bad year (and a bad year is not finishing top 3) I don't see anyone of them finishing lower than 5th. They all won't have a bad year at the same time. Crown has made a nice push but a bigger push is necessary to make the elite 3 and there just ain't no room at the top. Just my opinion.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Can't argue this one!!!!!