Who will be the next to win?

The Bluecoats meet that criterion.

1st in Brass, 2007 Quarters

http://www.fromthepressbox.com/20070809div1quarterfinals.htm

And then Semifinals came and our brass dropped to fourth place.

:laughing:

And then Semifinals came and our brass dropped to fourth place.

:laughing:

Just please tell me you are not upset about that. I will state that you played marvelously all three nights. What some dudes in green shirts have to say about your performance relative to others is so amazingly subjective (despite attempts to create somewhat objective criteria), that the true value comes when you listen to that performance and KNOW what you accomplished.

Next new corps to win will be whoever gets it right in design and performance excellence for enough years to establish themselves as a legitimate contender in the minds of the judging community. Or whoever comes up with the next game-changing design approach, coupled with performance excellence. Crown seems to be moving in the direction of the former. Not sure I see anyone yet changing the game, but I would expect that to be a surprise anyway.

True next winner will be all of us who get to see the improving shows of all of these corps.

Just please tell me you are not upset about that. I will state that you played marvelously all three nights. What some dudes in green shirts have to say about your performance relative to others is so amazingly subjective (despite attempts to create somewhat objective criteria), that the true value comes when you listen to that performance and KNOW what you accomplished.

Next new corps to win will be whoever gets it right in design and performance excellence for enough years to establish themselves as a legitimate contender in the minds of the judging community. Or whoever comes up with the next game-changing design approach, coupled with performance excellence. Crown seems to be moving in the direction of the former. Not sure I see anyone yet changing the game, but I would expect that to be a surprise anyway.

True next winner will be all of us who get to see the improving shows of all of these corps.

I finally stopped crying about two weeks ago...

No but really Im OK with it, I am well aware that we kicked ### on finals week in 07. The fact that we were voted in the countdown twice with that show in two years is just fine with me.