Official GLASSMEN 2009 Thread

By the internet forum posters...2002 was a great program, and hardly boring. My second favorite Glassmen show ever, with 2008 being my favorite.

Good Lord.

Yes, Mike, it's an attack on G-Men, lol. Please show me where I specifically said any Glassmen show was boring to me, personally.

I was making a statement about every year being a "change" year for the Glassmen since they were pigeonholed into "boring" in the early 00's by some, not calling those editions of the corps boring myself. . .the Glassmen were the ones who embraced that "Boring" mantra back in the day, IIRC, even going so far as making shirts celebrating the fact.

Anyway, I'd take some more Ginastera/fluegelhorn stuff from that 90's/00's era over gypsy shows or Beethoven . . .so, take that for what you will. :lol:

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the internet forum posters...2002 was a great program, and hardly boring. My second favorite Glassmen show ever, with 2008 being my favorite.

The tune with the flugel solo is so much fun to listen to.

Hey Dean , go to (corps on corpreps.com) and check out 1983 .

1983 was a Milestone in the Glassmen history. 1983 was the first time the Glassmen broke the top 25 in Open/World Class. This is a Glassmen thread so I will say this about 1988. If one has not heard a recording of this Show. I ask that you would give them a listen. The Glassmen had only 49 members total. I call them the Mighty 49 plus one. I count Dan Acheson as the 50th. How could one go wrong with Chris Tomsa and Dave Tippet among others on staff. I have seen many pics. from 88. They do look really cool wearing their Baby Blues.

All the Best to the 09 Glassmen

Dean

I agree with the comment about 1988. We were on first tour with the Glassmen that year, and got to know them. My corps was competing in A-60; while the Glassmen were competing in open. Funny thing was that both our corps were about the same size. They were a very talented and classy group; and quite funny, as well.

I remember some of thier members saying that thier top bass player (double bass, too!) looked like Prince.

Good Lord.

Yes, Mike, it's an attack on G-Men, lol. Please show me where I specifically said any Glassmen show was boring to me, personally.

I didn't mention you..in fact, given the quotes around the word "boring" I wasn't even thinking about you when I wrote that.

I was making a statement about every year being a "change" year for the Glassmen since they were pigeonholed into "boring" in the early 00's by some, not calling those editions of the corps boring myself. . .the Glassmen were the ones who embraced that "Boring" mantra back in the day, IIRC, even going so far as making shirts celebrating the fact.

No disagreement there at all. Not sure why you are PO'd at me.

its going to be good stuff

can't wait for it!

The tune with the flugel solo is so much fun to listen to.

2001?

2001 was such an intense/good show