Economy Effecting DCA Corps Memberships

I don't know anybody who is losing their job because of the economy. Lets not exagerate. You're the doom and gloom guy sounding hysterical. If they do, they'll have to get another I guess.

You're referring to me? I'm hysterical? LOL

Tell you what .., why don't you ask these people graduating college this year - including many DCI people - if they have any job prospects lined up? To suggest the economy isn't in the toilet is simply ridiculous. There is nothing "hysterical" about that.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's entirely possible that they didn't see that post before they responded to your earlier faux pas. Threaded message board, and all.

Chill out, dude. Some times we all have to take some hits for the things we say, even after we apologize for them.

well then DUDE..chill out yourself..here is a hit for you Mike B chills out every winter in Erie PA... Pasadena hey whatever.....you have know idea...and I agree with Mike although I have never met him...you do what has to be done and you survive.......Hit me!!! just kidding...it is all relative ...good comments and bad comments we as a DRUM CORPS PLANET...survive and carry on!!! SKOL!!! :thumbdown:

well then DUDE..chill out yourself..here is a hit for you Mike B chills out every winter in Erie PA... Pasadena hey whatever.....you have know idea...and I agree with Mike although I have never met him...you do what has to be done and you survive.......Hit me!!! just kidding...it is all relative ...good comments and bad comments we as a DRUM CORPS PLANET...survive and carry on!!! SKOL!!! :thumbdown:

Are you drunk right now?

You're referring to me? I'm hysterical? LOL

Tell you what .., why don't you ask these people graduating college this year - including many DCI people - if they have any job prospects lined up? To suggest the economy isn't in the toilet is simply ridiculous. There is nothing "hysterical" about that.

It is just life, I graduated with a degree in accounting in August 2008 - and I am still working Landscaping..

Economy sucks, I got over it - I will do anything to march

I lost my job due to the economy tanking. Now you know at least one person in that boat.

Make that 3 and if anyone knows anyone hiring in the rochester ny area please let me know as there is an extreme shortage of positions here with the aveage job posting getting upwards of a thousand applications.

Hey folks, just a friendly note to all 'conversational wrestlers' that personal piling on is against gym rules here.

:thumbdown:

FWIW, although I did not lose my job (yet), the economy has required me to devote significantly more time to my responsibilities and Affected my ability to march this year. And at my age, that likely means the end of my competitive marching days.

OK I have been reading this thread and I think some people need a friendly reminder:

People cope with situations differently. Losing your job is one of the most mentally and emotionally stressful situation someone can go through.

I think telling people to chill out, get over it and it's not that bad when they lose their job and suddenly future becomes uncertain, even more when they have a family to support, is pretty rude. People will react very personally to these comments and with good reason.

Fact: your economy IS bad. People WILL (I hope) prioritize their family life before their hobby, so yes membership IS affected in that way, more then usual. More power to them if they can figure out how to march AND deal with the financial struggles.

Good luck to all the corps!

And most of all good luck to all the people looking for new jobs.