Corporate sponsored sr corps?

Hamm's Indians, Ballentine Brewers, Hershey Chocolatiers [sp?], and Commonwealth Edison Knights of Light are all I can think of but I know there were others.

Anyone?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hamm's Indians, Ballentine Brewers, Hershey Chocolatiers [sp?], and Commonwealth Edison Knights of Light are all I can think of but I know there were others.

Anyone?

One of the Long Island Corps had 7-UP as their sponsor sometime in 80's I think.

Anyone?

How about Lamplighters of Detroit? Saw the name and thought they were either part of the power company or sponsored by a legion made up of power company employees.

Hershey Chocolatiers were officially sponsored by the local AL Post but someone (forget who) said the Chocolate Company supplied $$$$ to the corps. Then again who didn't Milton Hershey (yeah THAT Hershey) supply money to in his town?

Hey Jim Nevermann.... how are you old friend... miss you all... good people there in the sunny Northwest... email me some time,,,

and it was also Edison Lamplighters...

Tom

and it was also Edison Lamplighters...

Thanks Tom saves me from digging in my CD collection. Somewhere I have a few minutes of a show from late 40s/early 50s (can't remember) of Edison (maybe).... Only reason why I remembered the name (kinda). I DO remember you can barely hear the announcer say "... Lamplighters" and they played "Whistle While You Work" from Disneys' Snow White which would be apt for a corporate corps.

More On-Topic: Believe Steel City Ambassadors had a sponsorship from Wendys for a while and had a Wendys patch on their uni.

Also History of Drum Corps has pic of the Chicago Commonwealth Edison corps. They kinda looked like Mounties instead of electrical workers. And dbcna.com (Drum & Bugle Corps of Noth America) has a listing for the Indians with sponsors as Hamms and Schmidts, so go figure....

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

dbcna.com (Drum & Bugle Corps of Noth America) has a listing for the Indians with sponsors as Hamms and Schmidts, so go figure....

Simple.

The St. Paul Indians were indeed first sponsored by Schmidts.

After they drank that brewery dry, they moved over to Hamms.

Edited by HornsUp

You are correct on Steel City, Jim. SCA had the Wendy's Corporate sponsorship for at least two years, maybe three by my recollection.

FWIW, I hesitated to post that here earlier because I wasn't sure if we were talking about exclusive sponsorships which was evident by the corps' name, or "significant" sponsorships.

Hamm's Indians... one of my favorite stories watching the Colonel at '65 Legion Nationals Multnomah Stadium in Portland OR trying to do an inspection on their Indian Costumes... Hilarious!!