Corporate sponsored sr corps?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Around the same time Cabs had the Bud sponsor, Sun had J&B Scotch as one.

I remember going on retreats, Cabs with Bud flags, ans Sun with the J&B flags.

Here ya go Ray...

1984 Sunrisers @ Hofstra University

J&B Scotch Flags, we were taking promo pics. Donna did good getting this sponsor...LOL

(sorry about the water damage)

2yxm6xg.jpg

Direct link

http://i44.tinypic.com/2yxm6xg.jpg

Edited by TennTux

The Kilties have been sponsored by Scot Forge since 1997. They purchased all of our Buchanan Clan

kilts and plaids from the oldest kilt maker in Scotland (at great cost), and continue to support us with

yearly grants. The CEO was the Kiltie Drum Major in the 1950s. We perform at their company picnic

most summers.

Check out their web site. You will see an immediate connection.

http://www.scotforge.com/

Edited by J.C.

Hey thanks for the beer history lesson Pat. Used to be fun following the smaller breweries until they started getting bought out. We had Schaeffers(sp?) in Allentown that gout bought out by Strohs(?) then disappeared.

Funny thing is I spent time in Seattle area and got to liek Raineer. Years ago I saw a case in the local suds store for the first time and bought it. Yuucccckkkk..... then I looked at the can and saw it was brewed by Hamms. :rolleyes:

Back on topic: Understand the Indians would play the Hamms theme "Land of Bky Blue Waters" in their field show. Chocolatiers did a concert one year and had an intro of the then current Hershey Chocolate jingle. Wonder if any other corps did music relating to their corp. sponsor.

Schaefer " is the one beer to have when you're having more than one " that you had in Allentown was actually a descendant of a New York City brew that sponsored one of the baseball teams ( along with Ballentine and Rheingold )

What - no case of Yuengling lager and a dozen Yacco dogs for you?

My personal favorite is Point Special Brew ( Stevens Point, WI - you can get it in Philly )

" Hey get your cold beer "! ( Dick Burns, Ballentine Brewers, 1964 )

Edited by fecontra

Schaefer " is the one beer to have when you're having more than one " that you had in Allentown was actually a descendant of a New York City brew that sponsored one of the baseball teams ( along with Ballentine and Rheingold )

What - no case of Yuengling lager and a dozen Yacco dogs for you?

My personal favorite is Point Special Brew ( Stevens Point, WI - you can get it in Philly )

" Hey get your cold beer "! ( Dick Burns, Ballentine Brewers, 1964 )

And the Yankees were owned pre-WWII by Jake Rupert (Rupert Brewery). The Schefer jingle kicked off a 1960s elementary school joke (groaner alert) Q: If a woman is going to have twins, what beer should she drink". A: "Schafers because... having more than one.." *GROAN* Toured the Schafer plant with a church mens group (go figure) right after Strohs bought it. Watched the guys fill kegs and plug then up. Gad whadda mess... guys were dressed like a fishing crew with the heavy duty waders and coats. :cool:

My beers are Yingie lager and when I make it to Rochester (regular) Genessee. Darnk enough Gennie Cream in college but need to lighter stuff now. Certainly not the 30-weight by bro-in-law the micro brewer makes in Raleigh. :rolleyes:

Back on topic: Was just digging thru some old scores and see in the very first field show they ever did (1949), they beat one corps... Consolidated Edison of NYC.. go figure....

you beer drinkers would be surprised to know that many of your favorite brands are brewed at "High Falls Brewery" overlooking the High Falls of the Genesee...

Of course Genesee.... all types... but also such well liked brands as Sam Adams, heaven forbid Iron City... and many more... guess it's all about consolidation...

and there's a huge rumor that they will soon be brewing LaBatt's for U.S. consumption...

and there's a huge rumor that they will soon be brewing LaBatt's for U.S. consumption...

OMG, better make sure MelliGene doesn't hear that...... :thumbdown:

Gonna spend next week on vacation in the Finger Lakes area. Guess I better set my taste buds to make wine the "beverage of choice". Yeah right, the amount of alcohol we drink in a year (not counting DCA Weekend) could fit in a nice sized cardboard box with plenty of room to spare.

so Jim

where you staying in the finger lakes? On Saturday... don't let your wife loose at "the Windmill" flea market - it will cost you! There's a wonderful restaurant near there too... just outside of Penn Yan