OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

Thanks for the details on the guys - much appreciated. We'll be tuned into the fan network and DCP until Semi-finals.

Go Scouts!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems we are getting less "inside information" about the Scouts this year on this thread. Can anyone share more information on changes that are being put into the Scouts show on Friday? Scouts fans who live in Northern Illinois - Southern Wisconsin are at a disadvantage because we always get the early season versions of the show with no shows scheduled in this area later in the season. This doesn't seem right in view of the fact that 5 world class corps (6 if you count the Colts) are from this area.

Vic Russell

Well , I'm back from being on the road with the corps for the last 12 days. The guy's are having a GREAT time this year ! Things are going very smoothly. They are getting plenty of floor time and eating well . The show is coming along nicely. In the next few days they will be changing a few things in the second tune and adding the real closer ! All this will be in place by Co. They are making some changes in guard staging and adding some differant uni's for a few guard members. I can't repeat what I was told the ending is going to be , but if it's true I will be screamin' and throwin' babies at the end !

Bill

"POW"

Well , I'm back from being on the road with the corps for the last 12 days. The guy's are having a GREAT time this year ! Things are going very smoothly. They are getting plenty of floor time and eating well . The show is coming along nicely. In the next few days they will be changing a few things in the second tune and adding the real closer ! All this will be in place by Co. They are making some changes in guard staging and adding some differant uni's for a few guard members. I can't repeat what I was told the ending is going to be , but if it's true I will be screamin' and throwin' babies at the end !

Bill

"POW"

Malaga? He he he

Malaga? He he he

Nope..."The way we were", sung in Spanish by the guard member who plays Relampago! :thumbup:

Bill

"POW"

Hey Bill - glad you made it back home from Michigan City. I meant to ask you when we were talking about our boys and college- what school did you get your MR from?

I can't wait to see the changes (I pray it is not the close that madalumni suggested!)

Also want to say Thanks for all you and your wife do for our young men.

Mark

Mark,

That would be Murray State Uni. You and your lovly bride should come on down while the boys are here . It's only about 3 1/2 hours from St. Louis .

Bill

"POW"

I heard DCI is working on getting Michigan City on Fan Network so the Scouts show will finally be available. I ALSO heard that Fan Network is down; coincidence or did something go POW! ?

I've been looking on the schedule for a while now and drooling. There is a 4 day block Madison doesn't have a show - perfect time to fix some problem areas and make the perfect tweaks.

Scores have kinda stalled and corps Madison was beating now have passed them. I hope these new changes will push them back ahead of the Glassmen into a solid Top 12 placement. From what I can see on the recaps brass book is doing pretty well, but GE, Colorguard and percussion are getting the biggest hits from the judges, esp in GE.

I know a few good changes can sure push a corps in the right direction (UP) - look at the Cadets during the 90s. They would start out with one show (and man it was dirty) and by Aug they'd have a completely different show on the field and it would be squeeky clean.

Let's hope the men of Madison can getter done. I'd like to see them in the Top 12 for all the Regional shows this year! Even better yet in the Top 10!

Edited by RBarron10