OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

It's hard to take anything you say seriously given your avatar and it's undertones. Please consider this. Just a thought.

Since joining DCP, I didn't have an avatar, Tom. Come on, it's just a bit of humor. Dispute my opinions based on the content, not based on my choice of an avatar. That would be like ripping on guys for using a rainbow being pro/anti this party or that party in their signatures.

I think you're one of the most logical and unemotional posters on DCP and I enjoy your takes on things, regardless of your opinion of my avatar.

BTW...I liked your post about Academy 2008 and 2009. Again, intelligent and insight rather than inciteful.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow......SARCASM ALERT!

Furthermore, if you've got a problem with the whole "swagger" thing then I'd suggest either finding a different corps to follow or you need to spend a little more time understanding who the Scouts are.

Well, I'm not sure even the Scouts know who the Scouts are right now. Swagger without results is embarrassing. So maybe a little less swagger and a little more soul searching is in order right now. I know kids in the Scouts this year, thank you, so I'm not some unattached guy taking shots at them when they're down. What happened this year sucks. The first step to fix a problem is to admit you have one. And all the puffiness and swagger talk is misplaced right now, IMO. The Colts, who also missed finals this year and in whom I also have a great deal of respect, seem miles ahead of the Scouts right now in terms of knowing their identity and what they're trying to do. Again, in my opinion.

Has there been any confirmation to the earlier post about the alleged things that happened between the Scouts and Crossmen?

Has there been any confirmation to the earlier post about the alleged things that happened between the Scouts and Crossmen?

Right now I think the emphasis should be on the word "alleged". We need to be extremely careful with statements until the facts are known. I can tell you with all certainty though that IF any of it's true, it will be dealt with swiftly and harshly.........this organization will not tolerate it's name and reputation being tarnished!

Since joining DCP, I didn't have an avatar, Tom. Come on, it's just a bit of humor. Dispute my opinions based on the content, not based on my choice of an avatar. That would be like ripping on guys for using a rainbow being pro/anti this party or that party in their signatures.

I think you're one of the most logical and unemotional posters on DCP and I enjoy your takes on things, regardless of your opinion of my avatar.

BTW...I liked your post about Academy 2008 and 2009. Again, intelligent and insight rather than inciteful.

see again...I have to be concerned with your opinions given what your avatar represents. :tongue:

Well, I'm not sure even the Scouts know who the Scouts are right now. Swagger without results is embarrassing. So maybe a little less swagger and a little more soul searching is in order right now. I know kids in the Scouts this year, thank you, so I'm not some unattached guy taking shots at them when they're down. What happened this year sucks. The first step to fix a problem is to admit you have one. And all the puffiness and swagger talk is misplaced right now, IMO. The Colts, who also missed finals this year and in whom I also have a great deal of respect, seem miles ahead of the Scouts right now in terms of knowing their identity and what they're trying to do. Again, in my opinion.

Again, HockeyDad, if you read my entire post, I and a whole lot of other people on 'this' forum hear you loud-and-clear!!!! I'm with you brother! The Scouts have got some big fixes to accomplish and I can assure you that there are individuals behind the scenes that are a lot more ticked off then you and I combined......It Will Get Fixed! But, what I don't get is your whole obsession with Scout swagger. Dude!!!! it's obviously a huge distraction and stumbling block for you! Don't major on minor issues. Let's stay focused here. The only recent talk regarding Scouts=swagger has to do with their MO and what historically they've been known for. I guarantee you, that once the Scouts right the ship and you're looking for what the Scouts have always been known to historically deliver, I'm sorry to report, but it's going to include swagger! Unless you're hoping for Scouts lite?????

Sorry to disappoint, but that's what I meant about finding a different corps.

Edited by Mad75

Unless the corps can get a VERY good deal on a new uniform, I would not want them to switch. It would be an unnecessary expense.

Now, I do agree with you on changes in approach and design. Original music based on an obscure Mexican comic book character was a terrible idea, and the show after the opener had problems all season that no amount of changes could fix. If the last two seasons have taught us anything (Devils, Cadets and SCV this year, PR, Crown, Bluecoats last year as some examples), it is that recognizable music performed well will be rewarded. I'm waiting to talk with some folks who were with the corps on a daily basis to get a better idea about what was going on, but my inclination is that the design team needs some changes, particularly in the visual area. If these parts of the puzzle aren't fixed, all the uniform changes in the world won't make a difference.

Look at all the kids who did well in I & E. A lack of talent is not the problem here.

I don't think the Scouts need to expend a huge amount of money on new uniforms. If they changed to white pants and a scaled-back red sash, I think most fans would be satisfied. Obviously, the kind of program they perform is paramount. I am not suggesting a return to the 90s drill and music. I am suggesting an easy-understood theme, accessible music and the use of a few elements of drill that the Scouts have used over the years.

Vic Russell

A little off topic, but when I finished a "Gordo" (Very Ultra Large) Fried Burrito at Burrito Loco in West Chester, I was put on the Wall of fame.

My name?

Relampago Blanco (White Lightening)

I did enjoy this year's show for this reason. :tongue: :tongue:

The confirmation I had was from members of the Crossmen that I have been touch with all season.

I knew about the 07' Stealing with the Scouts and Crossmen. I marched the Hornline 08' Scouts, but I still to this day have no real reason why this wall of hatred was between us. I knew last year there were "rumors" that the Crossmen were looking for redemption for the 07' mishaps. We were all told to put our crap away and lock it up cause someone said they might be stealing our stuff. Now is that true or not I'm not sure that is what I was told to do so I did it and all my possessions were all fine. Now this year I have no idea why the Scouts once again are up to there snotty games. We used to be a classy corp and last year we were, but once again someone probably said something and they said something and etc... It is funny though the two years Scouts don't make finals they completely throw out what it means to be a Madison Scout. I can ask around, but I know no one is really going to tell me anything. It was probably a click of guys who just wanted to show they had the bigger huevos. Though it is a sad thing to hear.