OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

I really would like to know if this is true or not and here is the reason why.

Two days ago I was going to post on here some info about some grant money that the Scouts could apply for from a fortune 100 company but I had to go out of town. I could not pass this info onto the Glassmen because they do not qualify. The Madison Scouts on the other hand meets the first and most important qualification. There is however one other Corps that meets the qualification. I will hold off in telling the other Corps about the grant money until I find out if this is true or not. If this is true they would in no way let an org. drag their name in the dirt with stupid acts such as what was alleged in the post I am quoting.

I have had nothing but respect for the Men of Madison always have since 74. When I seen your equipment truck pull in to the lot Friday I got a big smile on my face because the Men of Madison was here. I was a little embarrassed because that was a goose bump moment for me. After all I am 47 years young. :doh:

Back in the day the Glassmen were on the receiving end of being flipped off by a Corps because we beat them. I hated them for over 30 years for that and other things they done to us. I made peace with some of that Corps Alum 2 years ago. No problem there for me. Yet there was never any stealing of anything involved. I really do hope this line has not been crossed by some members of the 09 Madison Scouts. I will wait for the facts to be told one way or another.

Peace

Dean

Send it to the CROSSMEN .

that is the right message.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to say THANK YOU to the CMM's who Pm me, and told me their side of the story and the meeting they had after this happened. It looks to me like this is a classic case of he said, she said, and somewhere in the middle is the truth. And I promise the Men of Madison, that if I do not see your side of the story here in the next day or two I will make sure that it is told.

That being said, here is the info. that I would hope the Madison Scouts org. will act upon SOON.

John Deere who is recognized by the Business Committee for the Arts and prides themselves on their great Philanthropy efforts in the communities where they have major operating units (dealers do not count) have created a new feature on their new and updated website. There is a questionnaire that US organizations can use to find out if they might qualify for grants, sponsorships, or other help through the John Deere Foundation.

I can tell you now, that there is no need to fill out the questionnaire to see if you might qualify. Because you do indeed qualify.

So PLEASE get a hold of John Deere ASAP to start the process. Good luck, and I do hope the Madison Scouts receive something from Deere. The worst that could happen is that they say no. But I have a feeling that may not happen. :doh:

Peace

Dean

STEALING and flipping off corps in public or not.

Is NOT what I want my young STUDENTS to learn.

this is NOT the value's that DCI should be giving our youth.

MY students will go ELSEWHERE in the future.

BY SCOUTS.

Get some CLASS again. PLEASE.

I am also very surprised that there has not been a public apology by the MADISON SCOUTS administration or the ALUMNI as of yet.

When the BLUECOATS had the retreat problems in 2008 the organization was smart and classy enough for a public apology.

I read on here that this behavior also happened in the last few seasons also.

Please learn from your competitors that you flip off and STEAL from a little lesson in CLASS.

Not writing to incite any bad feelings between the Crossmen and Scouts, but why do current members of the corps find it necessary to steal things from the Crossmen? Tonight, the corps flipped the bird to the Crossmen and then proceeded to steal and trash an age-out's uniform. I had hoped that the Scouts had gotten it out of their system after stealing things from our truck in 2007 but I guess not. If you have connections with the current corps, please do something to fix this perception of the corps that has formed in the Crossmen's mind. This sort of stuff is bush league and repulsive. When I marched we never had any beef with the Scouts and always enjoyed the competition between the two corps. Why now do these things happen? I mean since neither corps make finals, do they have to legitimize their season by stealing other corps stuff? I hope they can figure out why they are really in drum corps and get their acts together. Thanks and like I said this isn't meant to cause a war between the two corps.

Was there a police report filed and witness statements taken? Can someone point out the alleged thieves and hold them responsible? This is definitely not the type of thing so many years of Madison Scouts want to hear about... but there has to be more evidence to substantiate such serious charges instead of "I was told by a reliable source..." or a single person here on DCP posting the he/she saw it happen.

You haven't given anything for accountability to occur here, and the two posters below seem to have jumped on the bandwagon to really start the slander process in motion...

If it did happen, the guilty should be held accountable, not the whole corps and the corps from the past, as these two loud mouths below seem to insist on doing...

A TOTALLY CLASS LESS ACT .

Flipping the bird in public to several corps buses .

stealing .... In any way shape or form ......

returning another corps uniform in a trash bag...

Madison ALUMNI your corps is not showing the class you have developed for years as a state of the art classy organization.

This is not harmless fun. This is a total SLAP in the fav=ce to every MADISON SCOUT ALUMNI .

DCI should and WILL hear about this.

For the record . I personally say Many members of the MADISON SCOUTS flipping the bird to at least 3 corps in buses as the other corps were were leaving .

All in total view of the public.

WERE YOU REALLY THERE? DID YOU REALLY PERSONALLY SEE IT HAPPEN? CAN YOU POINT OUT WHICH PERSON(S) MAY HAVE BEEN GUILTY OF THIS? You're having too much fun here writing such a "smack down" letter here. Why didn't you voice your concerns directly to someone on the corps bus if they were right there for you to see? OH I KNOW... because you wanted to come HERE and hide behind your post and say these things without anyone holding YOU accountable for YOUR accusations... I see. OK.

PROVE this happened... tell us all the time and place you saw the buses and under what circumstances... PROVE YOU were there and saw it with your own eyes and that you aren't reacting to someone elses post... or shut your trap ... because what you're doing to the entire organization is far worse than holding accountable a few guys who made stupid decisions. A TOTALLY CLASSLESS ACT indeed...

PROVE the charges to me, or knock it off...

The LINE was CROSSED.

stealing ------- flipping other corps off in public is not acceptable.

come on.. STEALING

What happened to the CLASSY scouts of the past.

something very wrong here.

LL

AGAIN... PROVE THIS... tell us all where YOU were standing when you saw all this unfold and happen. Especially the part where Scout members went and stole uniforms and trashed buses... PROVE THIS. Let's see the police report or get a statement from the Crossmen's corps director.

The only thing very wrong here is the fact two or three people would write such letter slandering the corps with nothing that proves their charges.

STEALING and flipping off corps in public or not.

Is NOT what I want my young STUDENTS to learn.

this is NOT the value's that DCI should be giving our youth.

MY students will go ELSEWHERE in the future.

BY SCOUTS.

Get some CLASS again. PLEASE.

I am also very surprised that there has not been a public apology by the MADISON SCOUTS administration or the ALUMNI as of yet.

When the BLUECOATS had the retreat problems in 2008 the organization was smart and classy enough for a public apology.

I read on here that this behavior also happened in the last few seasons also.

Please learn from your competitors that you flip off and STEAL from a little lesson in CLASS.

Hmmmmmm! How to approch this post with a grain of salt. And not to make you feel as small as this post seems to be. EMOTION is running rampant right now, the day after finals and everyone should take a deep breath before they post. I was going to rip you apart, for this post is quite general for something that may have happened with no details confirmed and such. Being a teacher you should know better. I erased my first post to you and came up with this. I hope you find some CLASS yourself before you post agian.

Was there a police report filed and witness statements taken? Can someone point out the alleged thieves and hold them responsible? This is definitely not the type of thing so many years of Madison Scouts want to hear about... but there has to be more evidence to substantiate such serious charges instead of "I was told by a reliable source..." or a single person here on DCP posting the he/she saw it happen.

PROVE the charges to me, or knock it off...

Oh please. Do you file a police report and take statements when you get flipped off?

Oh please. Do you file a police report and take statements when you get flipped off?

OH PLEASE... I was referring to the "stealing of uniforms and personal property" that was stated here... :doh:

I was flipped off in my corps days by Bridgemen, Blue Devils, Cavaliers and Kilts members... and the Blue Devil members did it right on the field at DCI 1978! As well as made fun of our (Schaumburg Guardsmen) tall shakos by putting two of theirs together and "wearing" them. Good thing DCP didn't exist back then for me to come crying in here about THAT classless act by them.

Edited by GGarrett