OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

DCI has changed in the last 30 years.

YOU must have been an AS*

yeah I guess I was. But at least I had a spine... which several people who come in here solely to bash on the corps without all the facts obviously lack.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they needed the uniform to cover up those NACHO LIBRE WRESTLING GUARD UNIFORMS ?

:tongue::blink::smile::wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

AHHH... the true colors come out now. "Let's make silly jokes about the corps uniforms and really try our best to humiliate the kids in the corps and hurt the corps itself as long as we now have this situation to pile on top of as well."

Totally Classless.

Yes, I was. I was sitting on the Crossmen brass bus as we left semifinals and approximately 30 Madison Scouts (in their corps jackets) stood outside our bus, flipping us off and jeering at us as we drove away. I was also there on finals night when a single Madison Scout walked by the brass bus and taunted us as he walked by

This is what we'd call a misunderstanding. I marched 2009 Madison Scouts, and let me explain this part. I am NOT going to comment on the uniform thing, since I and the rest of our organization regret it deeply and I still have no idea what happened. But as far as the bus "jeering"...

Those kids had no idea of the uniform theft. IF one of us did it, he did not tell ANYBODY else. I'm entirely sure that at least 140 members of the corps (minus the three discoverers/returners of the uniform and the section leaders) had no idea what had happened until we got back to our housing site and had a very serious corps meeting. I don't doubt there were about 30 people out there, as I saw it, but they weren't insulting you. They had been standing there and running around, waving at Blue Knights buses, Blue Stars buses, Phantom Regiment buses, everyone's buses. If you could imagine what 30 guys (30 Madison Scouts) may have been hyping up other buses for, I'll leave that up to your imagination. But I don't believe any of them were flipping you off. Some may have been executing a handsign known to some as "the shocker," but for entirely unthreatening reasons.

Edited by Stryfe

I am a Madison Alumni...& if either the uniform stealing or flipping the bird at other Drum Corps really happened, then the Scouts are worse off than I thought. And I'm not sure that I will provide any future support to the Corps.

I was disapointed that Madison missed finals, but this situation makes me sad & angry. Angry with the current leadership of the Scouts. Have the Scouts lost the meaning & history of what it means to be a Madison Scout?

Behaviour like this, if it happened, is a result of poor leadership.

This would NEVER EVER have happened when I marched. We took pride in ourselves & in being a first class organization.

We never ever made fun of another corps, let alone stole their stuff.

Madison was never a corps that tolerated punks or bad behaviour. Anyone who was out of line would suffer the wrath of not only the staff, but worse, the other members. The Scouts were a very very disciplined organization.

And I dont care what the Crossmen might have done to provoke the Scouts, stealing their stuff & flipping them the bird is unnacceptable. It's bush league.

I remember the Bridgemen throwing rocks at the buses of another Corps that I marched in prior to Madison.

Our response was to outclass them...and we beat them numerous times following the incident.

Once again, if these charges are true, & it certainly sounds legit, It is truly a sad time for the Drum & Bugle Corps activity & the Madison Scouts.

I really can't believe that no one from this years Scouts have had anything to say about this matter.

I have a really bad feeling in my gut right now about both the current & future status of the Madison Scouts.

OK... I've been waiting for this all day.

But you are leaving out MANY MANY details of what happened here... apparently SOME of the Crossmen kids weren't exactly "innocent angels" in all of this, either. The incident wasn't COMPLETELY unprovoked as you suggest/imply here... and should this go to a "fair and impartial jury" (which it won't, of course, this isn't a trial thank God) there would be several unflattering things said as well about the "innocent victims," who themselves were completely classless as well. To read your version, and those of DCIwhatever guy above makes it sound as if the Scouts just went randomly around and selected the Crossmen as their random victims, and that is completely false.

No excuses. Accountability. And as I ALSO mentioned above, this is definitely NOT the kind of thing a vet or alumni of the corps wants to or likes to hear. It is embarrassing and disappointing. But since you DO know the truth of many details left out of your report above, I challenge you to speak them here and let the chips fall where they may in the court of public opinion. Just make sure the facts are correct, because there are several who know the other side as well who were there, too.

I honestly don't know what you're referring to. . . Maybe it was something one of the other buses did, but the brass bus was ust sitting down getting ready to drive away and saw Madison flipping us off as we passed by. . .

A "single Madison Scout walked by the brass bus and taunted" you... and not a SINGLE person got off your bus to ask him what his problem was? Not the Drum Major at the very least?

As I said, an alumni (a recent one at that)/volunteer that was riding the bus got off. . . most people on the bus had no idea what was going on until he came back on and got on the mic to explain the situation. But yeah, believe, if we had known what was going on we would've been off the bus.

This is what we'd call a misunderstanding. I marched 2009 Madison Scouts, and let me explain this part. I am NOT going to comment on the uniform thing, since I and the rest of our organization regret it deeply and I still have no idea what happened. But as far as the bus "jeering"...

Those kids had no idea of the uniform theft. IF one of us did it, he did not tell ANYBODY else. I'm entirely sure that at least 140 members of the corps (minus the three discoverers/returners of the uniform and the section leaders) had no idea what had happened until we got back to our housing site and had a very serious corps meeting. I don't doubt there were about 30 people out there, as I saw it, but they weren't insulting you. They had been standing there and running around, waving at Blue Knights buses, Blue Stars buses, Phantom Regiment buses, everyone's buses. If you could imagine what 30 guys (30 Madison Scouts) may have been hyping up other buses for, I'll leave that up to your imagination. But I don't believe any of them were flipping you off. Some may have been executing a handsign known to some as "the shocker," but for entirely unthreatening reasons.

You sound like a Politician with this answer. "We deeply regret what happened...if indeed anything did happen". What?

Either tell us what you know & stop tap dancing or dont say anything at all.

But I don't believe any of them were flipping you off. Some may have been executing a handsign known to some as "the shocker," but for entirely unthreatening reasons.

Though, as you were leaving, as the group had been standing outside of your bus and cheering and you had been steely and angry at us for what we hadn't yet known occured, some may have acted immaturely toward you ignoring them in the first place, taking that to have been the first offense. But again, 140 of us didn't know about the uniform. If anyone taunted you, it wasn't about that, and I do regret it either way.

You sound like a Politician with this answer. "We deeply regret what happened...if indeed anything did happen". What?

Either tell us what you know & stop tap dancing or dont say anything at all.

That's not a quote from me, so I don't know what you mean. I think I was fairly informative in my post, if you read it closely.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. . . That is definitely not what happened. I saw the Scouts "hyping up" corps that left after us as we looked back in the parking lot, but there was definitely no "hyping" going on when we drove past. Sorry bud. It's just not true.

I'm going to stop posting in this thread. I can't see continuing to post doing anything but make my corps look bad. So don't be surprised if I don't respond to questions/quotes from other people. Feel free to PM me.

Edited by TSRTS13