A Memorial Day to Remember

The Rochester Crusaders started out the weekend with a parade in Lackawana NY to commemorate the city's 100th birthday. We of course rehearsed before and after the parade on Saturday. On Sunday morning as we were rehearsing at Memorial Stadium, a van pulled in. My worst thoughts came to mind that of course we were too loud and the neighbors were complaining. Instead a gentleman from the VFW Post across the street asked me if it would be possible for us to help with their ceremony at 11am. my reply was"we'd love to".

Our DM Carol O'Brien went across the street worked out the program and returned to let us know what we'd be doing.

Well it turned out we were a huge part of their Memorial Service. I was so proud of the reverence that our members showed throughout the 45 minute program, and we were rewarded by the VFW Post 898 having us over for a great lunch.

The thanks were being extended in both directions and as I spoke with the mayor and the post commander we were invited back next year with pretty much the keys to the city.

I'd like to thank the City of Lackawana, VFW Post 898 and all the members of our corps for giving me a very proud rememberence of a Memorial Day

Great for Cru! Another example of Drum Corps people helping when they can, where they can.

I know standing there while the Memorial service was going on at the VFW was very touching to everyone (a bunch of the members actually got a little teary). We were all very touched to be part of such an important event in Lackawanna and had a great time this weekend. The members of the town were very excited to have us there and were very accommodating. I can't wait for another great weekend at Cru :shutup:

Lackawanna....takes me back to NY-Penn Championships, Baker Victory Carnival and parade. Still sounds like a classy place.

Very Proud.. This is what drum corps is all about!

-------------------------------

Public Relations

Crusaders Drum & Bugle Corps

Sounds like a great weekend!!

I enjoyed the ceremony a lot! I also loved Taps which was performed by Zach(aka: Spartacus) & Adam. :shutup:

Can't wait for another amazing weekend at Cru!!

We missed you all we so wanted to be there but sue was oncall for her job. but we will see you all this weekend cant wait.

The Rochester Crusaders started out the weekend with a parade in Lackawana NY to commemorate the city's 100th birthday. We of course rehearsed before and after the parade on Saturday. On Sunday morning as we were rehearsing at Memorial Stadium, a van pulled in. My worst thoughts came to mind that of course we were too loud and the neighbors were complaining. Instead a gentleman from the VFW Post across the street asked me if it would be possible for us to help with their ceremony at 11am. my reply was"we'd love to".

Our DM Carol O'Brien went across the street worked out the program and returned to let us know what we'd be doing.

Well it turned out we were a huge part of their Memorial Service. I was so proud of the reverence that our members showed throughout the 45 minute program, and we were rewarded by the VFW Post 898 having us over for a great lunch.

The thanks were being extended in both directions and as I spoke with the mayor and the post commander we were invited back next year with pretty much the keys to the city.

I'd like to thank the City of Lackawana, VFW Post 898 and all the members of our corps for giving me a very proud rememberence of a Memorial Day

Way to go Cru! Makes me proud to be an alum!!!