Official 2009 Blue Knights Thread

How do you know I have not been as invisible as possible?

I have a strong love for BK, more than you can possibly imagine, that's what has made this so difficult for me to walk away from. I love how people on here assume how I want them to do horrible and I hate them. I've never said anything close to that. I didn't like their show design and music last year, but that didn't make me dislike them. There was quite a few folks on here who didn't stated they didn't care for their show either. That doesn't automatically make them haters. I loved their shows especially 05-07, some of my favorite shows from any corps this decade. Mark is one of the incredibly passionate caring persons I have ever met. Too bad some of his alumni can't follow his lead, because imo he is a great leader. But some things are out of his control and I understand that and do not blame him personally.

Blah blah blah.... me, me, me.... look at what I've done, match it, pity me, whatever... You are whining, would you like some cheese with that whine? I do not represent BK or their staff or anyone except for me in this discussion. But, that's the problem with your arguement. I am not going to patronize you with how I understand, cause what you went through was what you went through.... It has no bearing on the corps now, or this FAN THREAD. You have a personal vedetta against staff or had a bad experience, ok, but do you not see that by posting something like this on a FAN THREAD, might come off as being the wrong place and the wrong time. Put yourself in the shoes of the STUDENTS that are reading these boards. They read and see and hear and while the majority of us are saying go BK, you chose to use this as your political forum on how you were robbed of your experience and your money. Guess what? Kids make stupid choices from time to time. I too have witnessed corps members in other corps and BK that have not valued property of those they house with. You deal with it on a case by case basis and realize that it doesn't make the whole lot bad... I know I know show u where you said it, I don't have to, it's implied in your general statements... Sorry man, I wish you could've picked a better way to post your bitterness instead of visiting a FAN THREAD and making it a vendetta.... Again I speak for myself and no one else, show me where I said I was speaking for anyone or the corps or alumni. The point is you want to tell someone else to look at me as if I fit the bill in your steriotype, but that finger can be pointed back at you as well. i owe my career to Mark, I follow his lead in teaching my students every day... We learn how to laugh, cry, work, sweat, win and lose together as a team.... I am defending the corps I love, sure, if that makes me a person that thinks "BK can do no wrong" then so be it... If I over support something that made my career path clear and my resolve stronger then I am guilty as charged!!!

I say again since this is a FAN THREAD, I am so excited to see the "Shiver" idea. I purposely have waited to try and look up much of the music because I want to be surprised. I am also excited to see the combo of Robbie Billings and Marc Sylvester and what they create. I am waiting to get Fan Network for a while, but am curious if anyone has been to see them in person and what reports you might have of the corps... GO BK, SHIVER ME TIMBER!!! :thumbup:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blah blah blah.... me, me, me.... look at what I've done, match it, pity me, whatever... You are whining, would you like some cheese with that whine? I do not represent BK or their staff or anyone except for me in this discussion. But, that's the problem with your arguement. I am not going to patronize you with how I understand, cause what you went through was what you went through.... It has no bearing on the corps now, or this FAN THREAD. You have a personal vedetta against staff or had a bad experience, ok, but do you not see that by posting something like this on a FAN THREAD, might come off as being the wrong place and the wrong time. Put yourself in the shoes of the STUDENTS that are reading these boards. They read and see and hear and while the majority of us are saying go BK, you chose to use this as your political forum on how you were robbed of your experience and your money. Guess what? Kids make stupid choices from time to time. I too have witnessed corps members in other corps and BK that have not valued property of those they house with. You deal with it on a case by case basis and realize that it doesn't make the whole lot bad... I know I know show u where you said it, I don't have to, it's implied in your general statements... Sorry man, I wish you could've picked a better way to post your bitterness instead of visiting a FAN THREAD and making it a vendetta.... Again I speak for myself and no one else, show me where I said I was speaking for anyone or the corps or alumni. The point is you want to tell someone else to look at me as if I fit the bill in your steriotype, but that finger can be pointed back at you as well. i owe my career to Mark, I follow his lead in teaching my students every day... We learn how to laugh, cry, work, sweat, win and lose together as a team.... I am defending the corps I love, sure, if that makes me a person that thinks "BK can do no wrong" then so be it... If I over support something that made my career path clear and my resolve stronger then I am guilty as charged!!!

I say again since this is a FAN THREAD, I am so excited to see the "Shiver" idea. I purposely have waited to try and look up much of the music because I want to be surprised. I am also excited to see the combo of Robbie Billings and Marc Sylvester and what they create. I am waiting to get Fan Network for a while, but am curious if anyone has been to see them in person and what reports you might have of the corps... GO BK, SHIVER ME TIMBER!!! :thumbup:

As a proud alum of your corps, you would think you would appreciate the efforts of a local volunteer or any volunteer for that matter who has no ties to the corps other than for the love of the activity and not belittle them. Sad choice on your part.

As a proud alum of your corps, you would think you would appreciate the efforts of a local volunteer or any volunteer for that matter who has no ties to the corps other than for the love of the activity and not belittle them. Sad choice on your part.

Never said I didn't, show me where I said that..... I'm very appreciative of volunteers of this corps and all of the corps across America, they would not be able to run without them.... One of my very good friends is up in Denver right now volunteering for a 3rd time I believe... That's just it, you might have had a bad experience and I'm sorry you had one, but it's not the same for everyone. You wanted to come on to a FAN THREAD and call out alumni out. (When you said there are people on this board and in the organization that think the coprs can do no wrong) This is not about me not liking people to volunteer and I'd submit to anyone that can, The Blue Knights is a great organization, worthy of your time to volunteer and run by one of the finest Men you'll ever meet in Mark Arnold.... Sometimes you have to just take a step backwards and realize what may have not worked for you certainly works for someone else. They may not experience what you did and most likely won't... I will say this, I appreciate you efforts in trying to better the Blue Knights and/or any corps you support, but be supportive in a FAN THREAD or find a different way to post it... Coming on a public forum dedicated to well wishing and posting this banter is not in the best taste.... You'd be better served in contacting the corps itself and discussing these items, coming here and doing it is a Sad Choice on your part!

GO BK, Hope you have a fantastic summer.... Didn't realize that the tour is so close upon you, WOW have fun and Don't Hold Back!!! Get After It!!!

Wes P

ENOUGH.

As the OP on this thread I will ask that it be closed if this does not stop IMMEDIATELY.

bstar82, you have had well over enough opportunity to express your opinion and give your part of the story. As with everything, there are two sides to every story and we will likely never hear the other side. However, we have heard your side loud and clear, and any further posts are really weakening your points and making me start to wonder if there was a reason they did not listen to some of your suggestions, etc.

And the rest of you, please don't feed bstar82 further and let it drop.

Now, back to discussing BK's 2009 show and related rehearsals, performances, etc. - which is the purpose for this thread. Or this will be closed!!!

ENOUGH.

As the OP on this thread I will ask that it be closed if this does not stop IMMEDIATELY.

bstar82, you have had well over enough opportunity to express your opinion and give your part of the story. As with everything, there are two sides to every story and we will likely never hear the other side. However, we have heard your side loud and clear, and any further posts are really weakening your points and making me start to wonder if there was a reason they did not listen to some of your suggestions, etc.

And the rest of you, please don't feed bstar82 further and let it drop.

Now, back to discussing BK's 2009 show and related rehearsals, performances, etc. - which is the purpose for this thread. Or this will be closed!!!

Thanks Fifer for the redirect.... As I was saying in one of my earlier posts, anyone live in Denver/Pueblo and seen our old Knightys? I'd love to hear some first hand accounts about the show or what you've seen/heard. I have seen the longer clip of them from all-days and am more than intruiged, but I'm curious to hear about it first hand, Anyone anyone, Bueller, Bueller?

Wes P

BK '97 '98

• 1 month later...

BK really got hit hard in SA this weekend. :whistle: The only good part about their current situation that I can think of is that they have plenty of time to get it together. It would be cool to see BK in competition for the 7 spot.

BK really got hit hard in SA this weekend. :tongue: The only good part about their current situation that I can think of is that they have plenty of time to get it together. It would be cool to see BK in competition for the 7 spot.

The thing is they are really dirty right now. I actually posted during the show that their competition would be with Glassmen. Their show has just as much potential as Blue Stars, Regiment, and Boston, but they are having some visual issues. Sully writes great drill, but it is a b*tch to clean. Look at how long it took Cascades to clean his work a couple years ago. I feel they should have kept their other drill writer, but as you can see in the recaps, they are getting the effect scores in the rep section. Sully's drill brings that for them, but man do they need to clean.

Marc Sylvester should replace Dennis Delucia on the broadcast commentary this year. That guy was freakin' HILARIOUS to listen to. :tongue:

The thing is they are really dirty right now. I actually posted during the show that their competition would be with Glassmen. Their show has just as much potential as Blue Stars, Regiment, and Boston, but they are having some visual issues. Sully writes great drill, but it is a b*tch to clean. Look at how long it took Cascades to clean his work a couple years ago. I feel they should have kept their other drill writer, but as you can see in the recaps, they are getting the effect scores in the rep section. Sully's drill brings that for them, but man do they need to clean.

Going to have to disagree. No offense to Rob Billings, but his drill is his weak spot. He's an amazing choreographer, but not a drill designer. Sully's drill is much more visually pleasing (though there's time this year I think he dropped the ball a little). But it's much more of a demand for the performers, so even the vets are probably struggling more than they're used to. This show has a ton of potential, and I sincerely hope BK can clean it up enough to pull into 7.

However, as long as they make finals and keep Sully around for next year, I think they're setting themselves up very well for the next few years. Once these kids have mastered his drill, their shows will feel more comfortable to them.

And not that I want to see Glassmen in 11th again (though 5 years would be pretty funny), BK has a better show.

I know what you mean by dirty, I was at Drums Along the Rockies. They have a lot to clean up and I think they have a good chance at scoring in the 7th of 8th spot. I just hope they are scoring well when it counts: quarterfinals.