Chat Room?

Last year there were "lounge" threads created for all the Fan Network live broadcasts. Everyone got to comment on the show and gripe about their connection and generally have a good time. The problem was needing to refresh your page to keep up with a very fast rate of posting.

Solution?

A chat room. One that can be accessed via DCP and opened for the broadcasts. It can be very low tech to keep from bogging down member's connections and the conversation can be much more natural. Is this something possible, or that members would want?

I'm moving this to the Member Service forum.

I don't think we'll be hosting a chatroom. I think the AOL ones that get started up are probably the best option, actually. Just watch for a thread that will inevitably pop up about an AOL chatroom, and then invite yourself to the room or ask another user to invite you.

As Lance said, typically there will be both available, for every show at the start of the season, and then for major shows as the season goes on. In both cases, they are member created, and since we have more than a few people that prefer the chatroom setup, you'll see someone create a room and post the log-in information here.

As the originator of the "Lounge" concept though, I'm going to stick with DCP threads over AOL chatrooms. :thumbdown:

does anyone else remember when dcp actually used to have a "Chat" function? or am i imagining another website? maybe it was MBP....

yep.... and i remember in high school when my mom uninstalled aim on the house computer i would chat with people in there! :tongue:

I think I was a regular in the bored forum at that point. I do remember that chat room!