Star Trek Movie Score

This topic came up before, and I think the music in the new movie was basically "insert generic action movie score here."

Not that it shouldn't or couldn't be done, but I wasn't really impressed with it. In fact I don't remember anything particularly memorable. However, that is just my opinion and a lot of other people seem pretty enthused with the music.

Edited by FTNK

yeah, i started the last thread, and yes, i think theres some music in there that would be great in a show (watching the movie even i was just thinking that this scresms drum corps)

The new Star Trek score is pretty unremarkable to me. But there is a lot of Trek music that could be cool. BK did some of Horner's stuff in 93, but the pit got all of the cool parts. I think a lot more could be done with the material.

With the power vested in me by the Federation, I hereby pronounce the Blue Knights as the only corps that has enough dark brass sound and enough fortitude to boldly go where only they have gone before and pull off another Star Trek show.

There is an identity for you. As long as Ralphie can come back and write a #####in drum solo.

Loved it and was thinking "drum corps show" throughout the whole movie. Partly because the score was heavily performed by brass; partly because it wasn't another soundalike John Williams retread; partly because I was caught up in the campy fun of it all.

Would love to see Star Alumni stop revisiting the past and have Jimmer arrange this and perform it next year at Finals. My bet is they'll have the dark, low brass sound to pull this off.

In reality, I don't see anyone jumping on it. Too commercial; too accessible.

Karen

I thought it was a solid score from the get go and thought it would transfer well to the screen. If there was one drawback it was that it was a bit repetitive by the end. Props for using REAL instruments for recording purposes....none of that wussy synthisized stuff. Okay, sorry....I couldn't resist.

I want a Slumdog Millionaire show. Now that would be great.

Edited by frontline99