DCA Schedule Thoughts

You know, you should try paying 96.cents a litre for gas...and having your dollar worth about 85 cents and still expecting me to be happy about Liz>>>>>

OK 96. cents a litre is a little much over lets say 70. cents about 5 years ago.

BUT I take the 85 cents for a US dollar any day compare to the 65 cents of 5 year ago... haha

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and by the way all of you outside the North East.

Wildwood, NJ is more than 422 miles. (Not exactly down the street) AND takes over 7 hours

Lawrence, Mass. is over 408 Miles and over 6 & 3/4 hours from Rochester.

But I will get to see the Statesmen. I will be traveling the over 303 miles taking over 5 & 1/2 hours, from the Jersey Shore to Lawrence, Mass., for Mission Drums. (To you northeast people. Can you imagine the TOLLS I will have for this trip)

7 hours??????Dude,,I drive over 9 hours every camp weekend just to Rehearsals.Road trips are like 40+ hours round trip.

Come back and talk to me when you can live up to that.Geeshhhh :thumbup:

Thank you ~ that was very much the point I was trying to make earlier.

Today the way the economy is, if you have a 3000 seat stadium it is better to sell your tickets for $10 to $15 and fill the stadium than to sell them for $20 and $25 and only sell 700 seats. Thats just my 2 cents.

7 hours??????Dude,,I drive over 9 hours every camp weekend just to Rehearsals.Road trips are like 40+ hours round trip.

I'm pretty sure from what I've read here OldStyle is a retiree...That does make a really big difference as far as road trips go Ed.

"Real musicians."

Isn't that like "military intelligence" or "jumbo shrimp"????? :worthy:

Fran

That nice!!!!!!! :thumbup::worthy: :worthy:

I don't understand. Last year, there were 14 regular-season DCA shows in the Northeast. This year's schedule lists 17.

I'm no math whizzz but I think it means there are 3 more shows. :thumbup: Just sayin.........

I'm no math whizzz but I think it means there are 3 more shows. :thumbup: Just sayin.........

and more shows in the area deplete the pool of available corps for the shows, especially with fewer NE corps than in the past

Today the way the economy is, if you have a 3000 seat stadium it is better to sell your tickets for $10 to $15 and fill the stadium than to sell them for $20 and $25 and only sell 700 seats. Thats just my 2 cents.

Well stated Carl. The economy and the overall cost last season of moving the Brigadiers around was one of the major reason's that we wanted to promote more "local" events throughout the season. Bruce McCready was the spearhead behind this effort going into the 2009 season before he fell ill. Just another dimension of one of the truly "great talents and minds" of our activity that will certainly be missed. His vision is being carried out by several wonderful people who have volunteered their time to make each of these 4 events successful.

The Brigs are running these 4 shows in our "Sounds of the Summer" series this year across NY State. We have also made the ticket price for each show at $15 for Reserved Section, $10 for General admission, and a Family Ticket for $30 which is good for two adults and their children under age 18 in the General Admission Section.

Jamestown, NY on July 25th

Waterloo, NY on August 1st

Cicero-North Syracuse on August 15th

Norwich, NY on August 22nd

There are many who complain about the ecomony and its effect on our activity. The key is to do your best to overcome any challenges and make it the best you can.......ironically that is the lesson we all learn from this actvitity regardless of the economy..........overcome and be the best you can be........ right?

Edited by RAM

You can tell it's about time for the season to start when people start d###-sizing their drives to and from rehearsals and shows.

Maybe you could make a new t-shirt Ed:

I have the longest drive in the room.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

(edited for unintentional censor circumvention)

Edited by SaraNYC

is it possible that some of these shows may have one or more alumni corps or dci corps that may not be up todate on the dca site?

that may account for ticket prices being where they are