Progressive rule changes you would LIKE to see?

Because there isn't nearly as much demand to see Drum Corps performances than there is to see Law and Order SVU. Not to mention that drum corps are non-profit because of the same point. I remember hearing that member dues in the corps I marched were just a very very small percentage of the total cost for the corps to perform. Especially with a terrible economy and bad gas prices, I can't even begin to understand how you draw such a comparison.

For real.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Membership: Every corps that meets the financial and organizational criteria for DCI world-class participation should be a member corps (i.e. not just the top 21). (I believe this one has been implemented.)

2. Voting: Every member corps should have full voting rights (i.e. not just those who have made top-21 three years running). And of course, each corps should have an equal vote (i.e. one vote per corps). (Do all member corps vote in the new BOD elections? If so, this one has been implemented as well.)

I believe the board of directors should be made up the original 1972 corps(that are still in existence)

I would like to see Drum Corps progress to the point of not needing to rely on any type of electronics or amplification. I'm sure that the activity can get there someday.

See any show prior to them being allowed. The activity was doing just fine without them.

Can you give examples of times when judges weren't judging a show on its merits?

Which corps got screwed when?

Well, a compelling case MIGHT be made that two particular corps did not get a fair shake from the judges as recently as last year in June. Both Corps put a COMPLETED show on the field. While not having the talent nor the execution level of another Corps in particular, THAT other Corps did not put a completed show on the field, and for the last segment it stood and played and the show came to an abrupt end. As such, this Corps ( a top named Corps )by no standards had an " integrated " show performance this night. No judge , nor any person can say with a straight face that the show should have received higher General Effect scores this night than the 2 Corps in particular that had a fully complted and fully integrated show over this named Corps. I think that if the situation was reversed, and this top Corps had a fully completed show on the field this night in June and the other Corps stood in place and played marking time, that the gap in GE Scores would have been gigantic.

Corps that put out incomplete performances should get incomplete or very low GE Scores in my opinion. And Corps that come fully prepared with complete shows should be rewarded in the General Effect Captions. It is a travesty in my view for Corps with incomplete shows not to have this performance failure calculated in a very substantial and consequential manner that night on the GE Captions scores.

Edited by BRASSO

1. If it runs on electricity, it's not allowed.

2. If an instrument is not brass or percussion, it's not allowed.

You just want to make this into something lame like Drum Corps, don't you.

Well, a compelling case MIGHT be made that two particular corps did not get a fair shake from the judges as recently as last year in June. Both Corps put a COMPLETED show on the field. While not having the talent nor the execution level of another Corps in particular, THAT other Corps did not put a completed show on the field, and for the last segment it stood and played and the show came to an abrupt end. As such, this Corps ( a top named Corps )by no standards had an " integrated " show performance this night. No judge , nor any person can say with a straight face that the show should have received higher General Effect scores this night than the 2 Corps in particular that had a fully complted and fully integrated show over this named Corps. I think that if the situation was reversed, and this top Corps had a fully completed show on the field this night in June and the other Corps stood in place and played marking time, that the gap in GE Scores would have been gigantic.

Corps that put out incomplete performances should get incomplete or very low GE Scores in my opinion. And Corps that come fully prepared with complete shows should be rewarded in the General Effect Captions. It is a travesty in my view for Corps with incomplete shows not to have this performance failure calculated in a very substantial and consequential manner that night on the GE Captions scores.

Which would accomplish what exactly.

Which would accomplish what exactly.

It would have the judging reflect the score of that performance, not estimate the score based on a possible future performance. A short show followed by a few minutes of park and bark cannot justify a high GE score, unless it is the most exciting stand still in the history of ever.

animals

animals

Live? Anamatronic? or merely sampled animal sounds?