New Boston Uniforms

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Old school! :sad:

video on youtube of them in parade with the uniform in action

Yeah, thats where I got the image from. Didn't know if I could post it on here. Check out the clip of the Defenders Alumni Corp. They have this really neat snare drum carrier. LOL

My first thought was "The Freelancers are back!"

Nice look. Still sharp and classy, which is how I expect Boston to look :sad:

I LIKE!

My first thought was "The Freelancers are back!"

Maybe that is who I thought it reminded me of. I was trying to think it reminded me of someone.

Went to see Boston's dress rehearsal tonight - about 4 miles from the house (thank God).

The unis look, as folks have been saying, old school and clean, and real good. Real Boston.

The corps gives off a very Boston energy, by that I mean a very Crusader energy, but whereas back in the day the corps would barely be moving in at this time of summer, the show is complete and tight.

You can be skeptical about this observation if you wish, but I think this is the best playing Crusader horn line I've heard. 12 tubas with a lot being played, and played well, every section featured, some solo and ensemble work that is quite tasty; a beautfully shaped and expressed legato section from the whole brass line, and the energy on the Bacchanale is wild. Few people will be sitting at the end of this show.

Visually, there is much that says old-school Boston, like some pass-throughs at tempos that make them look dangerous, but they handle them with aplomb. The overall visual coordination is right on the money, and when you look around and see who's on staff, it's no surprise.

Lots of quriky little gimmicks, and for the purists among us, while there is sythesizer, it's used sparingly and musically. The effects are very cool. Might have to reconsider my nay position on electronics. Nahhh, not going there.

Lots of Sader alums in the stands, with the familiar "Eat 'em up Boston" heard clearly through Quincy HS Stadium.

They may practice in Florida, but tonight, a half mile from John Adams' home (the president, not the composer) they were pure, old school with a new wrinkle, Bahston, with all the attitude you'd expect.

Can't wait to see how they play out in the burbs.

Went to see Boston's dress rehearsal tonight - about 4 miles from the house (thank God).

The unis look, as folks have been saying, old school and clean, and real good. Real Boston.

The corps gives off a very Boston energy, by that I mean a very Crusader energy, but whereas back in the day the corps would barely be moving in at this time of summer, the show is complete and tight.

You can be skeptical about this observation if you wish, but I think this is the best playing Crusader horn line I've heard. 12 tubas with a lot being played, and played well, every section featured, some solo and ensemble work that is quite tasty; a beautfully shaped and expressed legato section from the whole brass line, and the energy on the Bacchanale is wild. Few people will be sitting at the end of this show.

Visually, there is much that says old-school Boston, like some pass-throughs at tempos that make them look dangerous, but they handle them with aplomb. The overall visual coordination is right on the money, and when you look around and see who's on staff, it's no surprise.

Lots of quriky little gimmicks, and for the purists among us, while there is sythesizer, it's used sparingly and musically. The effects are very cool. Might have to reconsider my nay position on electronics. Nahhh, not going there.

Lots of Sader alums in the stands, with the familiar "Eat 'em up Boston" heard clearly through Quincy HS Stadium.

They may practice in Florida, but tonight, a half mile from John Adams' home (the president, not the composer) they were pure, old school with a new wrinkle, Bahston, with all the attitude you'd expect.

Can't wait to see how they play out in the burbs.

AWESOME!