DCP-I XII Season Discussion

Don't bust your arm pattin' yourself on the back: Fanfare's right on your heels with corps in the Top 10. Shadow finished 4th, Glory of Polaris finished 10th.

And Glory of Polaris hasn't made their caption changes yet. These are the same captions that had us placing 20th earlier in the week. :thumbup:

Bottom Line: per usual, it's going to be a melee between CLASS and FANFARE during Championships week. :thumbup:

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Wave was sixth last night in Boone. We also now are tied with a few other corps for hi GE. We need to improve music and visual over this final week if we want to medal.

Top 10 :shutup: Raincross has broken through!

*sigh* I wish I hadn't been distracted by whatever it was that distracted me from setting up SFMO for this season. We'll be back for the off-season, but optimistically I will miss the next live season because I plan to be marching somewhere. . .

Got my final changes in. Providence and Kadence were easy picks, but making Kosmos' final selections was agonizing, knowing that the the right pick sends us to the next round but the wrong pick could be sending us home early.

Funny how art imitates real life, just like the "real" corps, the judging panel championship week will determine who moves on night to night and who unltimately wins.

Scores and captions are so close, a couple tenths up or down could mean 5 or 6 places.

Closest season ever. :thumbup:

Funny how art imitates real life, just like the "real" corps, the judging panel championship week will determine who moves on night to night and who unltimately wins.

Scores and captions are so close, a couple tenths up or down could mean 5 or 6 places.

Closest season ever. :thumbup:

Especially when you're in my shoes and trying to jump 20 spots in one day. :worthy:

Kids got a good talking-to this morning about how important these next few days are- about how this is the last week anybody will ever see Kosmos on the field and what sort of last impression they want to leave on the fans. We also talked about what happened during Finals week in season 6, when the corps went from 25th going into prelims to a top 5 finish by the end of the week. We know we've got the capacity to excel this week, but we're going to have to deal with hurdles, no doubt.

making Kosmos' final selections was agonizing, knowing that the the right pick sends us to the next round but the wrong pick could be sending us home early.

Same thing with Polaris. I think everyone in World Class is right there with you. No one is safe. Come Saturday, there will be 12 ecstatic directors and 20-30 disappointed ones.

Based on order of performance the fastener group performs on August 5th as follows:

The Bolts 9:15 pm in the parking lot

The Screws 9:45 pm in the stadium

Maybe the Fan Network can help me out so I can see both!