DCP-I XII Season Discussion

Same thing with Polaris. I think everyone in World Class is right there with you. No one is safe. Come Saturday, there will be 12 ecstatic directors and 20-30 disappointed ones.

Agreed. Friday were 21st but then based on last night scoring I think we would be back in top 12....who knows. We should do better tonight...well maybe.. :thumbup: A Top 12 spot this season will be well earned.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially when you're in my shoes and trying to jump 20 spots in one day. :thumbdown:

Kids got a good talking-to this morning about how important these next few days are- about how this is the last week anybody will ever see Kosmos on the field and what sort of last impression they want to leave on the fans. We also talked about what happened during Finals week in season 6, when the corps went from 25th going into prelims to a top 5 finish by the end of the week. We know we've got the capacity to excel this week, but we're going to have to deal with hurdles, no doubt.

Nice to know that it's happened before. It serves as good precedent for the Zephyrs to look at.

The corps got to take the afternoon off today and explore Indianapolis. Morning we spent indoors, working on cleaning up music for our new ending, finishing refining our last visual ideas, and finishing out the new guard book. And we spent the evening...talking. About what it's meant to each of these people to be a part of a corps' inaugural year, to put this show specifically on the field, and how they feel about what we did, giving them a new closer halfway through the season.

With luck, we'll accomplish our mission to make top 12. If we don't make it all the way there...by Jove, we're going to get close.

Kosmos is "adapting" (teacher-speak for stealing) a page from Blue Stars' textbook and setting up a series of events for alumni, family and friends of the corps going on all throughout finals week. These include:

I+E night: Mixer at Talbott Street on I+E night

Quarterfinals: Tour of Eiteljorg museum on quarterfinals morning (10-noon, then over to the stadium)

Semis: Corps Roast at Rock Bottom at the Circle Center Mall on Semis, after shows are over

Finals night: Late morning/early PM wine tasting at Oliver's in Bloomington, then Finals night party at Bynum's after the show

Thank You Sir.

You can plot your revenge and show up at the CLASS Championships in Bowling Green on the 3rd.

Well some redemption came last night at the CLASS Championships. The one Star representative at the competition, Star of Hawaii, took the Open Class crown. Let me repeat that.... FANFARE corps took CLASS crown.. Gotta love the friendly competition... :thumbdown:

Last night was good all round the Star camp. Jupiter was a close 2nd at Centerville and Cross took a 1st in Huntington. Looking good heading into Indy.

Edited by StarOrg

Well, it took a while (ie the whole season), but Kosmos finally showed up last night and put themselves in finals contention.

BUT, nothing is guaranteed in this league.

Well the VK Org. bounced back from the awful, down right pitiful, showing at the focus shows this past weekend. Particularly the Velour Knights. Call it overconfidence or cockiness but the corps went from the top of the rankings to a 25th place showing in Boone, NC.

Entering the CLASS Championships the staff was a little nervous, not knowing where the kids’ heads were. A small sigh of relief was had by the whole organization when all 3 corps got back to business entertaining the crowds and impressing the judges.

Velour Knights finished out of the medals by a very slim margin to an old rival The Knights.

VK Too managed a bronze medal behind 2 of legends of DCPI, Star of Hawaii and Les Blanc Chevaliers.

To top off a good night VK³ not only took the CLASS A Championship, but also posted the highest score of the night in their class regardless of show.

The VK Org. is feeling a little better about its’ chances to makes finals at the fast approaching DCPI World Championships.

Well the VK Org. bounced back from the awful, down right pitiful, showing at the focus shows this past weekend. Particularly the Velour Knights. Call it overconfidence or cockiness but the corps went from the top of the rankings to a 25th place showing in Boone, NC.

Entering the CLASS Championships the staff was a little nervous, not knowing where the kids’ heads were. A small sigh of relief was had by the whole organization when all 3 corps got back to business entertaining the crowds and impressing the judges.

Velour Knights finished out of the medals by a very slim margin to an old rival The Knights.

VK Too managed a bronze medal behind 2 of legends of DCPI, Star of Hawaii and Les Blanc Chevaliers.

To top off a good night VK³ not only took the CLASS A Championship, but also posted the highest score of the night in their class regardless of show.

The VK Org. is feeling a little better about its’ chances to makes finals at the fast approaching DCPI World Championships.

I'm rooting for the VK org to make a first place sweep in quarterfinals. :rolleyes:

I'm rooting for the VK org to make a first place sweep in quarterfinals. :devil:

Hilarious. :rolleyes:

As long as it isn't any of my corps.

Season 10: Glory of Eden - 1st QF, 4th SF, 2nd Finals

Season 11: Glory of Polaris - 1st QF, 1st SF, 4th Finals

In fact, I wonder if the Quarterfinals curse extends to Semifinals, too? Glory of Polaris has won World Class Semifinals each of the past two seasons only to lag on Saturday (6th and 4th).

In my absence this summer, I missed the change in how scores are presented on the DCP-I site. I just wanted to commend DCP-I on a job well done. :)