DCP-I XII Season Discussion

Yeah, it seems to be affecting the music captions primarily, and some GE. Some scores just got hammered, leading to a very defined drop-off:

WORLD CLASS:

6.380 points between 11th and 12th places at Henderson, NV

2.850 points between 9th and 10th places at Charleston, WV

16.065 points between 18th and 19th places at Cincinnati, OH

6.040 points between 7th and 8th places at Cleveland, OH

8.475 points between 10th and 11th places at Cleveland, OH

7.660 points between 11th and 12th places at Cleveland, OH

OPEN CLASS:

7.725 points between 10th and 11th places at Henderson, NV

CLASS A:

10.375 points between 7th and 8th places at Cincinnati, OH

In a game usually decided by tenths, these stood out. In almost all instance the corps had combined Caption scores (for GE, Music, or Visual) under 20, which doesn't seem possible.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff,

Just want to make sure that there wasn't some kind of extraction or data entry error when getting scores, because the bottom fell out of some corps. (dropping 20 points).

Oops, sorry... skipped a corps for some reason... fixing it now.

Edited by CincinnatiGloryMello

That's a relief. I knew my guard was struggling but I was going to have to kick them all out for dropping us almost 10 points :devil:

Everything should be fixed now. Had an early morning brain fart. Let me know if your score still looks fishy. (I think I got them all)

Also... the bonus point as been added for today!

My changes yesterday did not serve my corps well, at all. Wow.

I haven't made any caption changes this week. Eden and Aurora held steady, but Polaris took a tumble on the field and in the standings (Thursday night also caused Polaris to tumble from 1st to 5th in my rankings, to be posted shortly). We've added several sets of new drill to the show and there was a bad pile-up during the Popov Symphony section. We lost a couple instruments for the season, and maybe one of our mello players. :whistle:

Hopefully the group will be able to rebound in time for Grand Rapids on Saturday. We'll see. At least Polaris has tonight off to recover from the bumps and bruises.

The VK Org. had its' best showing of the season last night. Sweeping all class and walking away the coveted "Knights Sword".

The kids couldn't be happier and the staffs took huge sigh of relief that the shows are actually working and we're getting credit for it.

umm.... our drum instructor got mysteriously knocked over into a canyon somewhere on our ride to Colorado from Nevada, so we went out and got a new one. We should see how his skills hold up at the first Open/A focus show.

Gotta love the Wallmart stops :tongue:

I'm pleasantly surprised that Los Osos did so well at the colorado show on the tenth. We're not even using all our point...i mean, had very little rehearsal time

I'm pleasantly surprised that Los Osos did so well at the colorado show on the tenth. We're not even using all our point...i mean, had very little rehearsal time

Don't bust your arm pattin' yourself on the back. We have had a light rehearsal schedule recently, also. :tongue::tongue: