West Coast Inflation

I think I forgot some, but didnt 2 other westcoast corps obtained rings.....Oregon Crusaders Div3 in (04 or 05), and didnt Cascades get get one in Div2 in 01?

I think you're right....sometimes the list was hard to read....will now go back & edit!

Edit complete....and now I leave it to someone ELSE with nothing better to do to figure this out for the midwest, east,, and south regions!

Edited by 84BDsop

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to rename "West Coast Inflation" as "East of the Rockies Whining and Jealousy".

Brilliant. :rolleyes:

I have a solution to the so called inflation. Every year have a significant portion of the East and Midwest corps tour through the west coast. Not just one or two token corps but 5 or 6 of the best of the best. This will give all corps a chance to see each other, get accurate comparison and push the level of competition even higher. In return the west coast corps promise to travel east every year as they have for the last 40 or so years.

I have a solution to the so called inflation. Every year have a significant portion of the East and Midwest corps tour through the west coast. Not just one or two token corps but 5 or 6 of the best of the best. This will give all corps a chance to see each other, get accurate comparison and push the level of competition even higher. In return the west coast corps promise to travel east every year as they have for the last 40 or so years.

Money's tight man...it's a good idea, but a bit out of reach for most drum corps. I would love to see it happen!

IMO, the inflation tends to be more prevalent among some of the lower placing corps, as you tend to have a big gap between BD, SCV, and everyone else, tending to push up the scores of those below (pac crest. mandarins, academy) Its really too bad bluecoats didnt get at least one score in from rockford so we could get a good comparison.

Genius. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Haha, I love it.

Money's tight man...it's a good idea, but a bit out of reach for most drum corps. I would love to see it happen!

Because money's not tight on the West Coast (and hasn't been for the last 40 years)?

Wow, my first post of the season and I choose this stinker. Who cares? Haven't some of you noticed we have this thing called finals? Not to mention the regionals.

All is st

W

IMO, the inflation tends to be more prevalent among some of the lower placing corps, as you tend to have a big gap between BD, SCV, and everyone else, tending to push up the scores of those below (pac crest. mandarins, academy) Its really too bad bluecoats didnt get at least one score in from rockford so we could get a good comparison.

I'm a west coast guy that believes this is accurate. There is absolutely inflation in scores for the corps just below SCV (Pacific Crest, Mandarins, Cascades, Academy). It is not some conspiracy or anything underhanded. It is simply a result of the lack of corps in that mid-tier. At midwest and east shows you usually have every level of excellence covered. In the west we have a big gap. When the corps move east to shows that are more "crowded" competitively the scores get pushed down to make room ordinally. I don't think it is much of a debate really. It happens year after year and it is not a big deal nor is it really negative. It just is. If anything it adds a bit of mystery to how things will shake out when corps closer to each other competitively end up at the same shows.