Meaningless standings after the first full night of competiton

Wow. I have never seen that top 3 before. Who knew?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a numbers cruncher too...meaningless,yes but oh so fun to watch the progression over the season. I once found a website that kept up with the rankings and listed the corps by logo...really cool to see the logos change...Daily!!!

I don't know if the word "meaningless" applies. They are what they are--early season scores. They certainly provide a directional feel for where the season has begun. If you are looking for something that tells you the results on the final day, I guess "meaningless" is right.

I'm a fan of a corps (Crossmen) that hasn't competed yet, and the scores do give me an idea of what the Crossmen--or any corps competing late--have to do on Thursday to be competitive. I know what their scores were last year at the beginning.

I remember that website with the logos. I lost the bookmark for it. If anyone finds it, post the url, please.

Trivia Question:

What is the LOWEST opening day score (from 1984 to present) for a corps which eventually went on to win the championship?

For bonus points, list the top three champions who started out with the three lowest scores.

Everyone seems to have forgotten Seattle Cascades, aren't they back after a year off?

Trivia Question:

What is the LOWEST opening day score (from 1984 to present) for a corps which eventually went on to win the championship?

For bonus points, list the top three champions who started out with the three lowest scores.

Good question. No answer here, but I was wondering that myself. Well, really I'm more interested in the bonus question. I'm too lazy to scour the old scores, so I'll wait until somebody posts the answer.

Yeah it's the first night, and yeah the west coast scores are probably a bit inflated, but it's what we got, and just for fun, here are the unofficial standings.

1.Blue Devils 76.100

2.Holy Name Cadets 75.300

3.The Cavaliers 75.100

4.Carolina Crown 74.500

5.SC Vanguard 74.200

6.Phantom Regiment 72.700

7.Boston Crusaders 70.300

8.Glassmen 67.100

9.Blue Stars 66.200

10.The Academy 66.000

11.Mandarins 63.800

12.Madison Scouts 63.700

-----------------------------------

13.Spirit 63.700

14.Colts 63.700

15.Pacific Crest 63.200

Yes, absolutely meaningless. Why bother?

Really??? Gee, I didn't realize that. I guess I'm stupid (rather than just playful) .... :tongue:

No, don't feel stupid. With that avatar, you're just playful.

Because some people like to do it. No one is forcing you to read the thread.

Why bother keep score at all? According to this thread we need to let them all practice at home until August and then meet on one ginormous evening and have it out! Retitle this thread: "My corps didn't score best so I declare it inflated and useless" They're called "Standings" people, every sport has them. So according to your logic... if a runner in Florida runs the fastest time nationally but he didn't run against the 2nd place runner in the standings who is from NY .. it doesn't count? You need to find a group therapy for the "disappointed" or you're going to have a looooooong season! :tongue: