as of June 24th, the surprise Corps so far is......

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Academy 18th last year...13th this year. That's another surprise. Their score dropped .9 tonight though.

They'd be my 2nd choice for " surprise Corps " in these first few shows.

"Surprise corps" is a title I'll reserve for July 24, not June 24. Last year at this time the Colts looked like they'd be in finals, but that didn't last.

"Surprise corps" is a title I'll reserve for July 24, not June 24. Last year at this time the Colts looked like they'd be in finals, but that didn't last.

Very true, and this year the scores would indicate they may not be in finals, but I like their chances. They have a show that can score, I really believe they do. But they have so much to clean, and they must deal with the balance issues, especially that synth bass. But the show is an excellent vehicle, so if they clean, who knows.

Very true, and this year the scores would indicate they may not be in finals, but I like their chances. They have a show that can score, I really believe they do. But they have so much to clean, and they must deal with the balance issues, especially that synth bass. But the show is an excellent vehicle, so if they clean, who knows.

Really? I'm hoping they prove me wrong when I see them live in Dubuque, but if the other corps in that bracket are putting out good compettive products this year I could see Colts in heavy compettition just to make semis.

I'd agree. It's a little early to be designating this year's " surprise Corps ".

That said..... what's stopping us ? ( haha)

Edited by BRASSO

It's tough to give out that honor until later. I think everyone is right about this, but if I had to do it know, it would be to the Boston Crusaders. They have an absolute wonderful show. They will put crowds on their feet and could seriously challenge the Blue Stars and who knows who else. I like their chances this year.

It's tough to give out that honor until later. I think everyone is right about this, but if I had to do it know, it would be to the Boston Crusaders. They have an absolute wonderful show. They will put crowds on their feet and could seriously challenge the Blue Stars and who knows who else. I like their chances this year.

lots of Corps in the running..... I watched Boston live on Fan Network. Right now I 'd say that Corps' in the running.

Edited by BRASSO

When did you see the Blue Stars? In the Minnesota shows, they literally had people in tears during their ballad, and spontaneous standing O's both nights during their ending. I have seen most of the corps shows this year and can honestly say that Blue Stars probably have the most difficult overall show in WC this year. CG, percussion and brass books are all extremely complex, with a visual program to match this year. They have a lot of cleaning to do still, which can only bode well for their future. Plus, at this time last year (6/23), Blue Stars were getting a 65.1 while Boston was getting a 70.2. Last night Blue Stars scored almost 3 points over Boston. I think the surpirse corps come the end of the season will be Blue Stars again. And Academy.

When did you see the Blue Stars? In the Minnesota shows, they literally had people in tears during their ballad, and spontaneous standing O's both nights during their ending. I have seen most of the corps shows this year and can honestly say that Blue Stars probably have the most difficult overall show in WC this year. CG, percussion and brass books are all extremely complex, with a visual program to match this year. They have a lot of cleaning to do still, which can only bode well for their future. Plus, at this time last year (6/23), Blue Stars were getting a 65.1 while Boston was getting a 70.2. Last night Blue Stars scored almost 3 points over Boston. I think the surpirse corps come the end of the season will be Blue Stars again. And Academy.

:doh: