2009 Rankings

Good words, Tom.

The only conspiracy here is on the X-Files. And it's been cancelled for years.

:)

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and by the way... why isn't DCA in Chicago? Well... someone should bid... but you know... in the late 80's they said let's do a tour of the midwest and pull in a few eastern corps... GREAT lineup... and NO one in the stands... Dayton OH... DITTO and don't question my observation as I was Chief Judge of both of these shows...

I predict other areas will happen eventually for Championships but it will be because of municipal/corporate sponsorship stepping in and becoming an "insurance" policy against financial ruin...

DCA has even appointed a "championship czar" Allen Buell to cultivate other championship cities... between the economy and other outside factors, 2010/11 in Rochester became both the smart and safe thing to do...

Now go out and find other people to MAKE A BID... 2012 is BEGGING... who will grab the brass ring?

Do people really think that DCA is going to let this happen?Rochester already has finals locked in for the next 3 years.

I think one southern corps will slither their way in this year but that is going to be it.One vote will change nothing.

I guess we will have to see...

:worthy::worthy::cool: Tom P.

Right as usual about things Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :satisfied::thumbup::thumbup:

Wow.

Go away for vacation one week and come back to the drama that is DCP. :satisfied: Fun and funny way to pass a few idle moments.

Quite cool to see some extra attention to what's going on down South. And it has been coming for a while. CV is having its best year to date and Alliance is coming out strong. MCL hasn't been slouching either. The chips will fall where they fall and your favorite may have a lot to do with what "style" of drum corps you like best. These will probably be 3 very different kinds of shows.

And to those who think the southerners are plotting to radically change DCA, how 'bout talking to us instead of making assumptions? Might be surprised. We may talk funny, but dumb we are not. :thumbup: See you in ROC!

From Michael Del Corso

01 (01) - 84.363 (6) - Buccaneers

02 (02) - 83.463 (4) - Renegades

03 (05) - 82.850 (2) - Empire Statesmen

04 (03) - 82.663 (5) - Hurricanes

05 (04) - 82.313 (5) - Caballeros

06 (08) - 78.288 (2) - Brigadiers

07 (06) - 77.375 (0) - Minnesota Brass

08 (07) - 72.688 (1) - CorpsVets

09 (09) - 72.413 (6) - Bushwackers

13 (12) - 71.538 (1) - Alliance

10 (10) - 71.138 (4) - SoCal Dream

11 (11) - 70.375 (9) - Kilties

12 (15) - 69.400 (2) - Crusaders

14 (13) - 67.013 (5) - Grenadiers

15 (14) - 66.750 (7) - Fusion Core

16 (16) - 66.075 (3) - Music City Legend

17 (17) - 65.500 (0) - Govenaires

18 (18) - 63.175 (4) - Kingsmen

19 (19) - 61.000 (2) - White Sabers

20 (20) - 58.650 (!) - Carolina Gold

21 (21) - 55.713 (8) - Sun Devils

22 (22) - 50.000 (2) - Excelsior

23 (23) - 49.375 (7) - Shenandoah Sound

-------

(1) = 07/25/2009 - Atlanta, GA (DCI)

(2) = 07/25/2009 - Jamestown, NY (DCA)

(3) = 07/24/2009 - Murfreesboro, TX (DCI)

(4) = 07/19/2009 - Dublin, CA (DCI)

(5) = 07/18/2009 - Lawrence, MA (DCA)

(6) = 07/18/2009 - Lewisburg, PA (DCA)

(7) = 07/11/2009 - Auburn, NY (DCA)

(8) = 07/10/2009 - Valdosta, GA (DCI)

(9) = 06/28/2009 - Madison, WI (DCI)

(0) = 06/22/2009 - Mankato, MN (DCI)

(!) = 06/20/2009 - Wildwood, NJ (DCA)

Ok Tom,

Now I am confused...

There is no second gunman on the grassy knoll?

DCA does not have a collective evil agenda?

Next thing you will tell me is there is no real Yoda or E.T.!

Well I guess we will just have to keep watching for score updates then! :blink:

and by the way... why isn't DCA in Chicago? Well... someone should bid... but you know... in the late 80's they said let's do a tour of the midwest and pull in a few eastern corps... GREAT lineup... and NO one in the stands... Dayton OH... DITTO and don't question my observation as I was Chief Judge of both of these shows...

I predict other areas will happen eventually for Championships but it will be because of municipal/corporate sponsorship stepping in and becoming an "insurance" policy against financial ruin...

DCA has even appointed a "championship czar" Allen Buell to cultivate other championship cities... between the economy and other outside factors, 2010/11 in Rochester became both the smart and safe thing to do...

Now go out and find other people to MAKE A BID... 2012 is BEGGING... who will grab the brass ring?

ahhh 1989 Chicago/Dayton tour. we had more people on the field than there were in the stands. and we werent full.

this weekends results should be interesting. 3 huge shows.

ahhh 1989 Chicago/Dayton tour. we had more people on the field than there were in the stands. and we werent full.

this weekends results should be interesting. 3 huge shows.

Wasn't it 1988 during the Chicago heat wave that left hundreds dead? I seem to remember it being very hot sleeping on the bus on our way to Dayton overnight. (Steel City and sleeping at high schools didn't mix well.)

88? 89? one or the other - probably 88... and it was HOT indeed... I also remember driving to the stadium through neighborhoods that were well? NOT the best... as a matter of fact, felt more uncomfortable there than any time in Harlem... they had us park in the stadium by the goal post - said they had to do that or we wouldn't have a car at the end of the show... and I had a van full of judges to protect me... Ah yes, Bob Thomas riding shotgun... anyone challenged us, he would tell another joke and they'd die laughing... that was a most unusual weekend... but the drive was exceptional... I think my wife (who was tabulator) cracked a rib laughing...