Pioneer 2009

Wow..considering they haven't had a show yet..some are hitting Cascades a little hard and I think it's a little too early for that.

How is this any different than people bashing the Cadets (or other corps) before the first show of the season? This is a discussion site after all.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pioneer is marching a few holes from what they had wanted in horn and guard. But at the same time they also turn people away because they do not have the funds to march a full line.

For example Pioneer has 6 contras and that is all they will march because they dont have the money for new horns.

Also Pioneer takes in and teaches people how to play horns that do not play them primarily. Im sure this hurts them but at the same time it is a body on the field.

I hope there will always be a corps like Pioneer in the activity. They run a great, family-style organization, treat their members well, put a nice product on the field, and are a great representative of the activity.

I would be nice to have 3 corps from Wisconsin in the semi’s wouldn’t it?

I thought that Pio had a great start to their show in Sioux Falls. They do seem to be starting off better than ever. I was thinking that it would be a surprise to see them get last place this year. Unfortunately I've looked at other scores so far and everyone seems to be starting off better than in the past.

Their big issue to work on right now is transitions. Their drumline is really the strong point.

I really enjoyed Pioneer's show in Sioux Falls. IMO, the demand and execution were up in all captions, but it seemed to me that the drill had the greatest increase in demand with more motion, velocity and complexity. I look forward to seeing the show again sometime.

Their front ensemble has the most vetrans that returned this year with 7 members.

The battery is all new except for 3 bass drums.

IMO their front ensemble has the experience and a demanding enough show to really keep their percussion score solid.

Based on the readings; it's looking to be a nice little battle between the Seattle Cascades, Pioneer, and Jersey Surf. If anything; Pioneer is an example of scrappy perseverance.

Sadly, the days of the top 25 are gone. The days, whereupon, if you placed 25th, that was a big deal and accomplishment.

We all have a lot to say about various corps out there (lord knows I do); but I truely wish each and every one of them success. Be 150 or 100 members; the participants of all those corps work thier bottoms off, as did most of us when we were in our respective corps ranks.

I'm guessing #22 of today isn't far off from #22 of BITD performancewise. But back then the victory was in besting the corps below and today the victory is in surviving to compete another year.

Edited by sdstar

How is this any different than people bashing the Cadets (or other corps) before the first show of the season? This is a discussion site after all.

You must be new to DCP. Most things related to Hopkins are the poster children of bashing here at DCP :blink:

Are Cascades even going to Indianapolis, I heard they were only staying on the west coast this season