Normal Noshery

Just got online and checked the scores and WOW.

Congrats to Crown and quite a tough panel tonight.

Going to be great seeing how all these corps play out in San Antonio...

Going to be a great year!!!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they were in "normal" tonight right? It sucks their score dropped the most, but its not like everyone else below 3rd didn't drop several points. It's because they came in last and behind all the other teams that most Spirit fans are sore.

I still think they have a shot regardless once they clean up the show and tie up the loose ends. Everyone is great in August, and design wins at that point. Plus that little extra emotion doesn't hurt either!

Good point...I'd also like to congratulate my Carolina Crown, where I taught in 92. Kevin Smith is a hell of leader for that corps...

It never gets old. I remember the first time Crown beat SCV, and Phantom, and Cadets like it was yesterday. This is another notch in the belt.

Impressed that they topped BOTH Illinois corps in Illinois....and they beat Cavies for the first time wearing green, playing Over the Rainbow and Sensemaya. irony at its best

recaps up...It was....the salmon mousse.....

Seriously, it was GE. Crown won by 0.8 over Cavies. Specifically, music GE - David Starnes - 1.0 spread over Cavies. I think Cavies know how to fix that.

Crown was 2nd or 3rd in all other captions.

Edited by vferrera

Yep, the difference was music GE. That's where Crown got the most credit (the only subcaptions where they ranked first) and also where Cavaliers were hardest hit. In every other caption, Cavaliers were ahead. Will these results hold up without David Starnes judging Music GE caption? I guess we'll have to find out. I'm also curious to see how both corps are affected by a full panel.

Seriously, it was GE. Crown won by 0.8 over Cavies. 2nd or 3rd in all other captions. I think Cavies know how to fix that.

Good old GE Music judge put Cavies 1 full point under Crown. A full point in June in one caption, called the show! wow... I guess he really thinks they have absolutely no business being near Crown in GE. Surprising.. Why is it the big name judges always seem to have the wackiest spreads and numbers? Aren't they the ones who teach numbers management to the younger judges?

Gotta love the "real" panels huh? :tongue:

Still think Crown should have won and they deserved it, but it would be nice to see better numbers management this early in the season between really good corps at all levels.

Edited by trumpetcam

Cavies' score dropped tonight. Is that a geographical thing, or did they not have as good of a show tonight as they did last night?

No they didn't.

The scores were inflated from last night. :tongue:

+++

It's all relative. When different corps meet, they take points away from each other. Tonight was a great win, a historic win for Crown tonight.

It's going to be a fun season. :tongue:

Edited by wvu80

I just have to sat congrats to Colts, I SO did not see them topping Spirit tonight, looks like the race for Sat night just got a WHOLE lot more interesting. Go Colts! Go Crown! and Go Blue Stars!!! WOOT wow this is some exciting ####!

Seriously, it was GE. Crown won by 0.8 over Cavies. Specifically, music GE - David Starnes - 1.0 spread over Cavies. I think Cavies know how to fix that.

Crown was 2nd or 3rd in all other captions.

Well if you're going to win a caption in this activity it might as well be GE! GE wins DCI.