Scouts Uniforms

Madison's not wearing shakos... the shako comment was about the Blue Stars switching to shakos...

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only imagine what some of the folks that drove Sal Salas out of town would have been saying if he had put the corps out in this uniform.

And here we go again... :blink:

For the record, I hated WITH A PASSION the Cesario design of '03-'06. This is a vast step up over that, IMO. For those wondering, this is the same uniform as last season with the addition of the shoulder to waist sash. Minus the white pants with the green stripe, this uniform is very much an updated version of the '88-'02 uniform with elements of other previous Scouts uniforms thrown in (i.e. Eisenhower jackets, neckties).

Edited by BigBadMadMan

Ok seriously. This is a Madison thread. I love Holy Name as much as anybody, but...

Does anyone have a picture of madison's uniform as of late? The most recent I've seen is this one, but I can't imagine shako's -

4959_1138627386338_1246980315_30624594_5841537_n.jpg

My eyes!

Madison's not wearing shakos... the shako comment was about the Blue Stars switching to shakos...

:blink: Oh sorry, my fault. I must have read it wrong, I'm tired. Sorry for freaking everyone out.

No, the Cadet's uniform hasn't changed much over the years, but when we did make a change, it wasn't a good one, and man did people voice their opinions...tradition is pretty tough to break here. I don't think you'll see much change any time soon.

Maybe I'm the only one but I will defend the 2003-2006 Cadets uniforms forever. Not that the new ones are bad. And people laughing about the tradition thing with reference to Cadets/Hopkins...you don't know what it's like unless you've marched there.

Maybe I'm the only one but I will defend the 2003-2006 Cadets uniforms forever. Not that the new ones are bad. And people laughing about the tradition thing with reference to Cadets/Hopkins...you don't know what it's like unless you've marched there.

Same could be said of the Scouts. I'm personally a fan of tradition and think it should be celebrated and embraced. The Scouts take a lot of heat on here for holding to their traditions, but i'm glad they do. There's a lot to be gained by understanding your roots. You have to know who you are and where you came from before you can move forward wisely. As the saying goes, "know thyself".

Awful. Just awful. And that includes the corps proper and the color guard (and yes, I know what the theme of the show is, and no, I don't care...they still look awful). This is such a garbled mess of color the likes of which I haven't seen on a drum corps field in a very long time.

Awful. Just awful. And that includes the corps proper and the color guard (and yes, I know what the theme of the show is, and no, I don't care...they still look awful). This is such a garbled mess of color the likes of which I haven't seen on a drum corps field in a very long time.

At which shows have you seen the Scouts this year, rut-roh?

Ok seriously. This is a Madison thread. I love Holy Name as much as anybody, but...

Does anyone have a picture of madison's uniform as of late? The most recent I've seen is this one, but I can't imagine shako's -

4959_1138627386338_1246980315_30624594_5841537_n.jpg

Dear GOD! What in the heckfiretarnations IS THAT??????

What happened to Madison? Are the color guard supposed to be blue Spidermen?