The Official Troopers Hate Thread!

Okay...so here's the logic behind this thread:

I've noticed a common formula on DCP at times. It's rather simple: 1. If a drum corps is really good, they make themselves a mark for threads that criticize and bash. 2. If they're...well...not so good, then they get a pass with a whole lot of people giving the courtesy "accolades."

Therefore, since it's official that the Troopers are back and are smokin' hot, then I thought it was time we do away with all of the pleasantries and get down to bashing them!

As a fan of the Troopers this will make me feel good!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay...so here's the logic behind this thread:

I've noticed a common formula on DCP at times. It's rather simple: 1. If a drum corps is really good, they make themselves a mark for threads that criticize and bash. 2. If they're...well...not so good, then they get a pass with a whole lot of people giving the courtesy "accolades."

Therefore, since it's official that the Troopers are back and are smokin' hot, then I thought it was time we do away with all of the pleasantries and get down to bashing them!

As a fan of the Troopers this will make me feel good!

Smokin hot, IMHO, equates to beating someone who actually made Finals in the present decade. 3+ points back of Blue Knights does not qualify.

That said, I loved last year's show and would LOVE to see another corps challenging for that 12 spot.

Smokin hot, IMHO, equates to beating someone who actually made Finals in the present decade. 3+ points back of Blue Knights does not qualify.

That said, I loved last year's show and would LOVE to see another corps challenging for that 12 spot.

Not bad, but I think you can get a little rougher than that.

Troopers suck!!!!!

(p.s.- I really am a fan of Troopers.)

What I really hate about the Troopers is...........

1) Haven't seen them live in 30+ years

2) They're not on the DVD I just ordered from 1974 (they were at the show but not on the tape :sad: )

3) My hat rotted out and the shirt shrank (yeah right about the shirt :biggrin: )

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

The Guard Unis are offensive for this year. In the beginning formation, I was expecting the corps member in the middle of the circle of guard to use his horn as a rifle and feign shooting them.

But I did enjoy their show :)

Oh man... This is hard...

This is kinda the same thing that Troop was doing last year. Started out strong, kinda lost some (excuse the pun) steam in the middle of the season.

That's the best I got...

Better be careful, or Jon Cordell (aka Y2JWC) is going to come in here and tell you that you shouldn't be posting anything since you haven't marched in the last 15 years (or 25 or 35 or 45).

Oh, was I not supposed to let his real identity slip? I figured anyone who was being as in-your-face as he was being wouldn't mind standing behind his opinions. ;-)

Shoot, man--when you leave the shoes on the field, all you have is your opinion! You earn your stripes in your teens/20's, then get to spend the rest of your life telling everyone how great you were. DCP and the Internet just provided an audience of 53 to actually read some of it! :biggrin:

Shoot, man--when you leave the shoes on the field, all you have is your opinion! You earn your stripes in your teens/20's, then get to spend the rest of your life telling everyone how great you were. DCP and the Internet just provided an audience of 53 to actually read some of it! :biggrin:

I'm awesome. It's just a fact.