REVO NEEDS HELP!

You would prefer they try to hide mistakes with a vague public statement? Well, to me, that sounds more unprofessional than admitting to the issues at hand. I would prefer the truth, if they wish to reach out to the public for help, which they have seemingly already provided us. Providing a vague and misleading call out for assistance is just dishonest and wrong. I give them credit for at least being honest.

I would prefer this not happen. I would prefer that if management was going to allow members to march without paying all their dues, they not come back later to ask the drum corps community for donations. I would prefer they attempt to remedy this situation in house prior to making a public appeal. I would prefer management act in a professional and responsible manner.

Edited by DAvery

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because they are. :devil:

Again, I am a parent in this organization, not staff or employee. But if I must act as the apologist for this organization, I will.

Come to their practices, and you will see an extactly different situation. You will see a corps that is disciplined, well organized, and well run. Everyone knows their place, and everyone carries out their responsibility.

So regardless of your opinion of the management, you will see a totally different situation, when you see the final product out on the field.

If you are coming to Indiana for the finals, you will hopefully see what I mean. And "hopefully" is the key word, because again, their trip to Indiana is dependant on the financing, at this point. If they do make it to Michigan City, I am convinced they will compete effectively there.

Again, I am a parent in this organization, not staff or employee. But if I must act as the apologist for this organization, I will.

Come to their practices, and you will see an extactly different situation. You will see a corps that is disciplined, well organized, and well run. Everyone knows their place, and everyone carries out their responsibility.

So regardless of your opinion of the management, you will see a totally different situation, when you see the final product out on the field.

If you are coming to Indiana for the finals, you will hopefully see what I mean. And "hopefully" is the key word, because again, their trip to Indiana is dependant on the financing, at this point. If they do make it to Michigan City, I am convinced they will compete effectively there.

So this is their management style? This is their SOP? I don't understand. If they planned to allow members to march with out paying fees, then why come back now and ask for donations? If they had not planned to allow members march without paying fees, then why did they? If there are any special, one-time issues, they have not listed them. Maybe an eqiupment truck failure, instrument stolen, etc. You can't really plan for these, although you should have insurance and funds for emergencies. The situation they find themselves in now, was known. It could have been fixed a month ago. And here is the thing. I will not get a chance to see this corps this year, so my opinion is based upon things like this. If your only exposure to this corps is from this thread, what would you think?

Highlighted for irony. :devil:

I've hesitated in adding anythng to this topic because personal, public attacks on a forum like this accomplish little more than inflaming egos.

(...but here i go...)

I do want to say that after being a involved as a parent of Revo/YPA, I have met and seen some of the finest educational staff and hardworking corp members come and go....and have been very impressed by them. Everything you've read here about their rehearsals are true.

...However, after my/our experiences with the 'direction' of Revolution, I have convinced my members to look for a more stable place to spend their summers.

Part of this Drum Corps experience is about pushing yourself to perfection; striving to do everything that must be done to be the best you can be...and that should be a 'top-down' experience organizationally.

Now, I don't find any fault with anyone who believes in their heart that they should put more money into this organization to see their kids through to the end of the tour (I've have been there a few times already), but I just wanted to say, from this perspective (mine), that this organization needs some reoganization. ...and not just a cursory re-shuffling of the cards, either, because if the same dealer is still holding the deck, the same game will be played next year...again.

Edited by paultxsa

Lets hope that all the people that are suggesting reorganization and shuffling of the staff and financial stability step up to help the corps not only with their "expertise", their time and their wallets. It is very easy to find fault and demand change when you are not involved. Much harder to be in the trenches and fighting the good fight. Flame away......

By the way this is my opinion only and I am not trying to represent these opinions as my groups.

Edited by tradition

I think they went on tour without a food truck or something along those lines because they couldn't afford to fix it.

No, that is incorrect and misleading.

According to the DCP thread, they went on tour with a food trailer. Unfortunately, said trailer blew a tire and broke an axle on the first day of that tour.

I certainly hope Revolution's winterguard broke even earlier this year with their season.

I heard a bunch of scuttle on the org when they were in Phoenix for the Winterguard show. Same as you are hearing now...fine instructional staff...organizational issues.

Ok. So, they are really no different than many corps...some who are inactive...others...barely making it by.

And we all have a choice...as do the parents and friends of kids in this organization.

I think most of the responses on this thread raise valid concerns.