Their fist head to head - Crown/BD

For fun!  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who is it gonna be?

• Crown
    • BD

Personally, I can't really buy that argument.

I'll loan you some cash. :thumbup:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll loan you some cash. :thumbup:

Haha. Well played. :thumbup:

If that's the case though, I don't think I can buy anything you say for the rest of the season.

My mailing address is 160.... :worthy:

Haha. Well played. :thumbup:

If that's the case though, I don't think I can buy anything you say for the rest of the season.

My mailing address is 160.... :worthy:

Sounds good, I'm sold out of everything but visual anyway.

I'll give it to you for a good price.. say 236 bpm? :thumbup:

Honestly I think the misconception that BD doesn't move a lot comes from their style of drill writing. Much of it is written in a manner that doesn't make the velocity obvious from the audience's perspective. However if you watch each individual performer much of the step size is at least 6 to 5 throughout. Also jazz running in arc shaped forms isn't going to have the same density of say jazz running in contrasting motion, or a rotating box.

Honestly, Blue Devils do move much more controlled than anyone else. The leg shape is very straight. Bent knees and bouncing creates more motion and visual distractions. When the legs are straight, and the member is moving through space smoothly, it isn't going to look as visually "busy."

Also, a very wise musician Pat Sheridan would always say, "The definition of virtuosity is making something very difficult, look or sound very easy." BD my friends, are virtuosos of marching technique. Watching their jazz run technique is a thing of beauty.

Couple things for me...

Biggest.... misconception..... EVER.

I am a bit biased, but I certainly feel this way frequently. We may not have marched as many steps last year as some other corps, but sprinting around the field and then trying to maintain good breath support, strong marching technique, etc was tough stuff.

Honestly I think the misconception that BD doesn't move a lot comes from their style of drill writing. Much of it is written in a manner that doesn't make the velocity obvious from the audience's perspective. However if you watch each individual performer much of the step size is at least 6 to 5 throughout. Also jazz running in arc shaped forms isn't going to have the same density of say jazz running in contrasting motion, or a rotating box.

Honestly, Blue Devils do move much more controlled than anyone else. The leg shape is very straight. Bent knees and bouncing creates more motion and visual distractions. When the legs are straight, and the member is moving through space smoothly, it isn't going to look as visually "busy."

Also, a very wise musician Pat Sheridan would always say, "The definition of virtuosity is making something very difficult, look or sound very easy." BD my friends, are virtuosos of marching technique. Watching their jazz run technique is a thing of beauty.

I think this sums up my opinion fairly well. Very true of what I see in BD's drill this year and what I experienced. And that jazz running technique ain't the easiest thing to do. Let me tell ya. :thumbup:

BTW, all corps sounded great tonight at Drums Along The Strip. Especially BD and the Bluecoats. Great sounds and very balanced.

How were the poll results 90-90 when there were only 172 votes cast?....oh well...I broke the tie.

Crown-91

BD-90

How were the poll results 90-90 when there were only 172 votes cast?....oh well...I broke the tie.

Crown-91

BD-90

Who is it gonna be?

Crown [ 91 ] [50.00%]

BD [ 91 ] [50.00%]

Not anymore... But hey, at least we're decisive...

Typo in the title, whoops. Their "first" head to head.

BD will fist best Crown.

Crown-91

BD-90

Apparently, you can vote for both.

I have seen BD, and I have seen Crown.

I love BD, I MARCHED BD, and I can tell you this: anyone who thinks BD can TOUCH Crown is drinking Drano.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!! hilarious

for me...I love both corps, a college buddy (Blue Band) is marching BD and yes I did pick.....

CROWN :thumbup:

Edited by Penn State